5) When I See U

I was sitting on my front porch with my friend when I saw him. Probably the most gorgeous boy I've ever seen. "Y/N why won't you talk to him you've liked him since middle school and we are about to graduate"

"I can't talk to him I get nervous ya know plus doesn't he have a girlfriend"

"Erica is not his girlfriend no more so you may have a chance Y/N/N"

"Well I don't think I have a chance Y/F/N"

"Whatever Y/N you got a bottle of water it's hot as I don't know what"

"Yeah I do give me a minute"

I stood up and got ready to open my front door when I heard somebody call my name. I turned around and it was Keith and his friend Algee.I felt a little weak in the knee."You mind getting us a bottle too"

"Uh yeah sure" I grabbed a few water bottles out of the refrigerator and took them back outside I handed my friend one and Algee and Keith came over and grabbed one. "Thank you sweetheart"

"No problem Keith"

They went back over to the basketball court and kept playing then my mom came home. "Y/N can you get the rest of the groceries out of the car please"

"Yes ma'am I'll see you later Y/F/N"

"See you later girl"

Hours passed and I just kept thinking about today so I took out my notebook and started to write about it.

April 12, 2014

He actually talked to me today and surpirisingly knew my name. His smile was just so perfect but I won't ever get the courage to tell him how I feel the only people that knows how I feel about him are well my friend Y/F/N. Well whatever. Good night.

I pulled out my laptop and I saw I had an e-mail. I opened it and it said.

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

-Langston Hughes

I smiled at the e-mail then I looled at the name and it was from Him. Keith Powers. Oh gosh How did he get my e-mail. I replied back.

How'd You figure I liked Langston Hughes?

I was hesitant about sending it but I sent it anyway. Then I went to sleep.

The next day I was outside with my friend. We had just went to get shaved ice from this place down the street and now we are back on my front porch and I saw Algee and Keith. She left me to go talk to them I was about to go inside but I was stopped by someone grabbing my arm.

"What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?"

"Hi Keith"

"Hi Y/N so you like Langston Hughes"

"Apparently you do too"

"You can say that"

I was rocking on the heels of my shoes kinda nervous
"R u ok you seem a little nervous kid"

"Oh no I'm good just peachy"

"Peachy huh well will you be peachy enough to go to the movies with me tomorrow night"

"Uh yep sure just straight up peaches n cream"

"Great see you tomorrow night beautiful"

"See you tomorrow night"

He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I freaked out on the inside then my mom comes up the stairs. "Y/N can you go pick up a pizza for dinner please"

"Ok um bye Keith" then I rushed to the pizzeria up the street leaving him there. Then I realized I forgot the money and Keith came up behind me.

"Your mom told me to bring this to you"

"Oh thanks I guess I forgot about it"

"It's no problem kid"

Then he left with Algee and my friend came into the pizzeria with me.

"Girlll my magic works huh" my friend says

"What you mean your magic"

"When you went inside yesterday I gave him your email and told him you like Langston Hughes"

"I don't know if I should hit you or kiss you"

"Neither just make me your maid of honor at you and Keith's wedding"

"Ughhh I can't stand you"

"Ok I'm spending the night at your house tonight too we gotta talk about this"

"Whatever Y/F/N"

Then we went on with the rest of the day.

I know I haven't updated but I'm gonna update regularly now.