20) When I See U 2

Yn
I got back home from the pizzeria and we ate. Y/f/n went to take a shower and I was in the kitchen with my mom. "So about this boy" my mom says. "What about him"

"What's his name" I rolled my eyes while putting away dishes. "Ma why"

"I mean I just wanted to know since I saw him kissin on you and stuff"

"Ma he was not kissin on me"

"Oh really I really thought I saw him kiss you on your cheek" I gave her a reassuring look. "Maybe he did maybe he didn't"

Y/f/n came downstairs. "Hey mama hey y/n what y'all talking about"

"I know you got the tea on this lil boy kissin on my kid" she shot my mom a smile while smirking at me. "Oh you mean Keith"

"You suck you know you ain't worth nothing right"

"So tell me about Keith y/n he's kinda cute" I looked at my mom. "Ma it's nothing"

"Oh it's something y/f/n tell me about this lil boy" then this lil girl starts spilling every bit of tea to my mom. "Keith is about to be a senior with us he plays football and basketball yn has had a crush on him since the 6th grade"

"It wasn't 6th it was more the end of 7th grade year"

"Stop lying and when she gets around him she turns into a studderin mess"

"Mmm ok so you wanna tell me why he was on my porch kissing on you"

"No not really" they both looked at me while I grabbed my Ben & Jerry's ice out of the freezer. "Yn I wanna know to"

"Fine he kinda sorta asked me out" I said under my breath. "Yn he did what I need you to speak louder" Y/f/n hollered in my ear. "I have sensitive ear drums you rat and he asked me out to the movies tomorrow night"

"Aww my baby girl has a boyfriend" my mom said with her hand over her heart. "I don't have a boyfriend ma he's just a person that I'm going to see a movie with"

"Whatever girl" y/f/n said. We talked to my mom a little while longer then we went upstairs. My friend went to sleep and I turned on my laptop and I had an e-mail from Keith. I opened it up and it said.

You ever felt alone. In a house full of people how could you feel alone. Well it's simple. No one sees the real me. They look at me but not who I am. I want people to see me for me. Keith Powers not Keith Powers the senior athlete going to the best college and possibly a draft pick but Keith Powers the kindhearted freakishly smart family guy. This ain't Langston Hughes but it's something from my heart.

I smiled at his message. Then I heard something hitting my window. I got up and opened my window and Keith was outside. "Keith what are you doing it's late"

"Come out I need to talk to you" I put on my slippers and snuck out the front door without my mom hearing me. "Hey did I wake you"

"No not at all I'm just outside in my pajamas in a headscarf"