104) Lifetime

Warning: this is super freakin long.

At 10 years old life was horrible for me. But it got better.

Yn
11 years old
Today is my first day at a new school. I just recently got adopted by this single woman. Today is actually my first day in the sixth grade.

My mom brought me up to the office. I'm not really used to calling her mom yet so I just call her miss June. "Ok sweetheart you ready? This is gonna be the first school you won't have to move from except for high school of course."

"Yeah I guess I am ready." I say quietly. I was honestly really shy around miss June since I never really had a mother figure in my life that cared. Once we got to the office someone gave me a schedule and showed me to my first class.

When I got to my first class the teacher walked straight up to me. "Hi I'm Mrs. Moore your math teacher." She shakes my hand. "Alright class this is our new student Yn Yln and I want you all to be nice to her. Yn you can have a seat right behind Mr. Smith over there. Raise your hand kid." He puts his hand up and I went right over to the seat.

Throughout the door it was hard. Girls didn't seem to like me and boys were already being mean to me which all of it I was used to. Growing up in foster care I was picked on for being small. I was really skinny and really short with really curly and nappy lookin hair and it looked like I had been beat on a lot. Because I had been.

Lunch I didn't really want to eat I wasn't hungry especially for what they had in the cafeteria so I just sat at the table with my notebook writing. "Hey anybody sitting here?" I heard. "No. Do I know y'all?"

"Nope but we are about to be your 4 bestest friends ever. I'm Keith by the way." He says sitting down. "I'm Algee that's Woody and Bryshere."

"Oh well hello." I said awkwardly. "Where you from?"

"(Where your from.)" I responded. "Coo coo. Well it's nice to have you here at our school." Woody says.

Throughout the rest of the day they all kept attempting to talk to me except one. Algee Smith. That name growing up played a significant part in my life. It brought so much happiness to me. And here's why.

At the end of the day one of the bus patrol teachers helped me find my bus. As soon as I got on the bus I pulled my book out and started reading. "What ya readin?" I hear from behind me. I turned around seeing Algee yet again. "Nothing." I say closing my book real fast. He comes and sits right next to me.

"Why'd you come sit next to me?" I nervously asked. "I wanted to talk to you. I get kinda lonely on this bus and never have anyone to talk to so I thought hey why not try to be friends with the really pretty new girl." My eyes opened real wide.

"You think I'm pretty." I asked kinda shocked. "Yes you are. Nobody ever told you that before?"

"What neighborhood do you live in?" I asked changing the topic. "Stonebridge. You?"

"Same one Stonebridge. I really don't know how to get to my house." I stated. "I can probably help. Which house is it?"