Ten

Alex knocked on the other hotel room door, waiting patiently for Scott or Mitch to answer.

Mitch opened the door, his glasses on his face. "Good morning. Thought we weren't heading out until eight?"

"We're not. But... Kirstie and I went and got doughnuts. Avi told me that Scott has a thing for the maple ones."

Mitch giggled. "Yeah, he does. I'll go get him. Come in, babe."

Alex followed him inside. "You look cute in your glasses, Mitchie."

"Thank you. I started getting a headache, and Scott told me to wear them because apparently I've been squinting at the T.V. all morning."

"Aw... You should always wear them, Mitchie. You're just gonna make your eyesight worse."

"It's not even that bad. I just... I don't like them."

Scott walked out of the bathroom, hair a wild mess as his toothbrush hung from his mouth. "But you're adorable."

Mitch waved him away. "Hurry up. Alex brought food."

Scott went into the bathroom for less than four seconds before he was done and rushing toward the two boys. "What kind of food?"

Alex held the box of doughnuts out toward him. "Avi said you'd want maple..."

"Ooh." Scott walked forward again, smiling at him. "Was nice of you to get these."

Alex just shrugged. "I can let you guys get ready and then maybe you wanna join us in the other room?"

Scott nodded quickly. "Sure thing. Don't let Avi eat the one I want."

Alex giggled at him, and then turned to go. "Sure thing."

Mitch heard the door close behind Alex, and then he stepped forward with a pout. "Scottie, what did you do..?"

"What?"

Mitch grabbed Scott's broken wrist, holding it up a little. "Babe, you're not supposed to get water on this. You know that. Where's that big zip lock bag I gave you?"

"It's in the bathroom. The cast isn't even wet, I was just trying to wash my hands."

"But you have to be careful, honey." Mitch exhaled softly. "Do you need my help with doing your hair?"

"I've gotten kinda good at it, actually. But I'll leave the door open if you need to do anything?"

"Just gonna brush my teeth and then we can go."

"I mean... You might wanna put some different pants on for the drive."

Mitch looked down at his jeans. "What? Why?"

"You might be more comfortable in something else, that's all. You don't have to."

Mitch only shrugged. "I'll be okay."

Scott turned to walk back to the bathroom, running a hand through his hair to try to sort it a little. 

Mitch followed, grabbing his toothbrush as soon as he was there. 

Scott leaned down to kiss his cheek. "Hey, Mitchie, baby?"

"Yes..?"

Scott put an arm around Mitch's hip to pull him even closer, kissing his cheek again. "Do me a favor?"

"Yeah?"

"Wear those glasses today? Like all day?"

Mitch groaned. "You always do that. I always regret wearing them in the morning, because you somehow convince me to wear them all day."