Cough Syrup?

Lin's POV

"Hey Paisley! How was school?" I asked. Paisley glared at me.

"Good. You picked me up 15 minutes late."

"Yeah, about that I'm really sorry.
Literally everyone showed up at the stage door." I said. Paisley didn't say anything, just stared out the window.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem a little upset." I remarked. Again, Paisley didn't say anything. She just slowly nodded.

"I'm fine. I've just got a lot of homework and stuff."

Or you're on your menstrual cycle. Either one.

"Oh okay. I understand." I said, praying she really was stressed by her homework because I have no clue how to deal with those lady problems. Heck, I barely know how to pronounce the word menstrual.

I turned the radio on and went to "CD/AUX", remembering that the Hamilton CD was in there. I turned it to number 18 of Act 1, which was "Guns and Ships". I turned it up as loud as I could when Leslie's voice blared throughout the car.

"HOW DOES A RAGTAG VOLUNTEER ARMY IN NEED OF A SHOWER-"

"SOMEHOW DEFEAT A GLOBAL SUPERPOWER?" I screamed along. Paisley bit her lip to avoid laughing, obviously wanting to be her Period Paisley self.

We were at a red light. I saw ahead of me the intense New York City traffic. I looked over and stared at her.

"You're ridiculous." Paisley rolled her eyes, crossing her arms across her chest.

"HOW DO WE EMERGE VICTORIOUS FROM THE QUAGMIRE LEAVE THE BATTLEFIELD WAVIN' BETSY ROSS' FLAG HIGHER?"

At this point, cars next to us were staring as I blared and screamed "Guns and Ships".

"Lin stop you're being embarrassing." Paisley giggled a little.

"-EVERYONE GIVE IT UP FOR AMERICA'S FAVORITE FIGHTING FRENCHMAN!"

Paisley sank low into the seat, covering her face as I sang the rest of Guns and Ships.

"This is the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed in my life." Paisley said, cracking a grin.

We sang Hamilton songs all the way to the apartment.

**************

Paisley's POV

I sat on my bed. It was 6:34. I finished all of my homework. What to do what to do.

I got on my phone and went on Safari, trying to look up ideas for my Biology project. I really want to come up with an idea that will blow the smile right off of Mrs. Beale's snooty little-

Lin-Diesel: No way man, if Vanessa found out that I was gonna bail on her parents Valentine's Day party to go to your party, she would kill me. Idk, i might. I'll come up with something.

Lin-Diesel: THAT WAS N O T MEANT FOR YOU PAISLEY YOU'RE THE COOLEST PERSON EVER PLZ DON'T TELL V BYE

I laughed a bit to myself. I plugged my phone into the charger and sat on my bed. Next thing I know, Tobi comes marching up to my bed and lays next to me. I smiled.

"Hi Tobi." I said softly, stroking the soft fur. I yawned and looked at my alarm clock. 6:36. It's Monday. I shouldn't be this tired on a Monday at 6:36 PM. Yet I am.