Legitimate Questions

Paisley's POV

"I swear you're going to forget." I said, burying my head in my hands. Lin laughed, shaking his head.

"Alright, now this is just getting annoying. I'm not going to forget!" He insisted. I looked up to Vanessa, waiting to see what she was going to say.

Also, I love how he says that this is getting annoying as if him saying "Paisley don't touch my laptop" every five minutes isn't.

"Lin, please don't forget. We wasted our whole Sunday picking out a dress and poor Brandon would be waiting at the dance all by himself." Vanessa said, clearing my bowl aside when I had finished eating my cereal.

"Have a little faith guys! Also, how could I forget when you two keep pestering me about it 24/7?" Lin asked. I shrugged, putting my shoes on.

"Alright. Come on Paisley we're going to be late." Vanessa urged. I laughed a little, tying my shoelaces.

"You guys always say that and I'm never late, I always get there like ten minutes before the bell rings."

"To be early is to be on time my friend." Lin smiled. I rolled my eyes, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. "Bye kiddo! Make good choices!"

"Bye Lin! Don't be stupid!"

"You know I can't do that." Lin whined. I laughed a little, walking out the door and closing it behind me. I walked down to the car where Vanessa was already waiting.

"Ten bucks he's going to forget." I said as Vanessa started driving. She laughed a bit.

"I don't think he will. I'll gladly accept that bet." She smiled. I smiled a little too, knowing that she was right. Lin probably won't forget, but I need something to nag him about since he won't shut up about his laptop. Also, Vanessa never sticks by her bets with me. Sure, whenever she loses I get the money, but whenever she wins she always feels bad about taking my money and finds a way to show that she was wrong...even though she never is wrong.

I was staring out the window, watching the busy traffic when a thought popped into my head.

"Hey...do you know what Lin's working on?" I asked curiously. Vanessa just shook her head, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Nope. But he was like this with Hamilton too. You should've seen him while he was writing 'Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story'. That man was a train wreck. He was sobbing and going through packets of chamomile tea. And I wasn't allowed to comfort him because it was part of his 'creative writing process' whatever that means." Vanessa said quite seriously, only causing me to laugh.

"Wait...seriously?" I asked, and when Vanessa nodded, I laughed harder.

"Man, now I really want to look at his laptop." I said, and right as I said it, Vanessa turned to me and quickly shook her head.

"No no no, don't do that." She said quickly. I raised my eyebrow.

"Um...why not?"

"Because Lin's laptop is set up like...well, like a corn maze. You have to know what you're doing, and one wrong move and suddenly you're at a dead end. He's been working on this for months Paisley, if you screwed it up I legitimately don't think he'd ever speak to you again." Vanessa explained. I sighed.

"Fine. I won't touch Lin's laptop." I gave in. Vanessa smiled as we pulled up to the school.

"Bye V, see you later." I said, getting out of the car and slinging my book bag over my shoulder.

"Bye sweetie!" Vanessa said, pulling away. I sighed and walked over to where Violet and Alex were waiting.

"What's wrong?" Violet asked, frowning. I shrugged a little.