Tell the Truth

Scott tried to run over to Mitch but felt a hand grab onto his arm. He turned and saw Kevin holding onto him. "Kevin, let me go, Mitch is right there!" 

"Come out here." Kevin dragged Scott out of the apartment and into the hallway. 

"What is going on? Why are there so many cops in there?" Scott asked. 

"I called them to help search for Mitch but they took it the wrong way. They think you aren't taking care of him right and they're taking him away." Kevin explained in the quickest way. 

"I-It was just a one-time thing, t-they can't do that." Scott stuttered. 

"I'm sorry Scott. I tried to get them to change their mind but I couldn't. They did say they're going to keep Mitch at the police station with a bag of clothes for a few days before they bring you in for questioning. Just, let it take its course and you'll get him back sooner than you think, trust me." 

"Can I see him?" Scott looked around Kevin to see policemen walking out of the apartment with boxes of Mitch's stuff and the last pair had their hands latched onto Mitch's arms, practically dragging him out of the apartment. 

"I... Just go home, Kevin. Kirstie must be waiting for you." Scott sighed and walked into the apartment, shutting and locking the door before heading to Mitch's room. He noticed a red bag on the dresser and grabbed it, sitting on Mitch's bed and holding it in his hands. He ran his hands along his name on the bag and took in a sharp breath.

He grabbed the first thing he saw which was the brown bear and he rubbed the soft fur between his fingers. He rested it against his hip and grabbed the next item, the fake tulips and smiled at them. He rubbed the fabric between his thumb and pointer finger before looking inside the bag to see the chocolates. He put the flowers back in the bag and set it on the floor. He grabbed the bear and laid down on the bed, turning to face the wall as he held the bear close to his chest. 

-

Scott stepped out of the shower and sighed, realizing Mitch wasn't sitting on the bathroom counter, offering a towel to him. He grabbed a towel from the cabinet above the toilet and wrapped it around his waist, then bent down to grab medical supplies from under the sink. He grabbed the first aid kit and stood up, placing the box on the counter and opening it up. He disinfected his knuckles and wrapped his hand in gauze bandages.

 He then set his hands on opposite sides of the sink and he stared at himself in the mirror. Usually, he'd be laughing at Mitch's sassiness or laughing at some terrible joke he made that Mitch didn't laugh at but now... He wasn't smiling in the slightest, the light was off and he had a scruffy face, a few pimples, and a bandaged hand. There was worse Scott could point out about himself but he rolled his eyes and walked to his bedroom, sitting on the side Mitch would sleep on. 

Scott stated at the wall for a few minutes before deciding to get dressed in a pair of boxers, basketball shorts, and a tank top. He hadn't eaten in a week, surprised it didn't affect him as much as he thought it would so we went the kitchen and prepared a big meal for himself. Halfway through cooking, he felt disgusting. He didn't want to eat this big meal by himself, knowing he had starved Mitch.

He shook off the feeling and prepared his plate, setting it on the dining table as he got a glass of water. As he sat down and started nibbling on his food, Scott stuck his tongue out and pushed the plate away from him. The silence in the apartment and loneliness make his stomach turn and he lost his appetite. He drummed his fingers against the wood table before crossing his arms and placing his head down. 

-

"He isn't a bad Alpha." Mitch repeated for the fifth time. 

"Then why did you run away? Surely there would be a reason." The police officer asked.

Mitch crossed his arms and stared at the table in front of him. "I don't know. I was being selfish. I just... I don't know, alright?!" Mitch snapped, tears forming in his eyes as he took the blanket he was given and threw it over his head. " I just want to go back to him...." 

The officer took a glance at Mitch before reaching over and grabbing the blanket to pull it from his face and pool it on his lap. "Hey, there's no need to shout. Just, is there anything that happened that caused him to not feed you or talk to you?" 

"I already said I don't know. I'm not going to push him into telling me what to do and you can't either." 

"Why? Just cause I'm a Beta?" The officer asked. 

"No... I just don't invade his personal life and he'll tell me when he's ready. Take me back to him already." 

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Mitchell. We just have a few more questions. In your file, it's said that you ran away from the Omega Shelter just ten minutes away. Why?" Mitch froze and he refused to look up. 

"I don't want to say. I was told not to." Mitch replied. 

"Do you run away quite often?" 

"No." 

"Then why'd you run from the Shelter and from your Alpha?" 

Mitch felt a tear roll down his cheeks and he took in a deep breath. "The Shelter is a bad place." 

"Is being with your Alpha also a bad place?' 

"No. He isn't a bad Alpha!" Mitch repeated once more. "How many times do I have to say it?!" 

"Until you tell the truth." 

*********************