Kirstie

Late night upload bc why not. 

Scott heard a small cry from upstairs and stopped his workout. He took off the towel from his shoulder and wiped his face down as he stood up. He went to the stairs and hurried up them, following the cries to his bedroom.

He pushed the opened door and peered inside, notch perched in the middle of Scott's bed, his phone held up to his ear and a hand covering his mouth.

"Mittens, what's wrong?"

"I-I gotta go Alpha. Yes i-Ill tell him. Okay, bye bye, Alpha Kevin." Mitch hung up the phone and looked up at Scott with wide, glossy eyes.

"Oh, Mittens. What's happened?" Scott walked into the room, tossed his towel into the laundry basket and brought Mitch into the hug. Mitch took in a shaky breath and wiped his face with the palms of his hands.

"I-It's Kirstie. Someone broke into their house last night and K-Kirstie was awake and in the kitchen when it happened."

"When what happened?"

"The intruder... He, he." Mitch let out a cry and gripped Scott's tank top tightly. Scott just held Mitch tightly and he shut his eyes.

-

Scott shut the door to the Uber after Mitch got out and he hurried up Kevin's driveway. He waited for Mitch to follow before knocking on the door and walking in quickly. He saw Kevin, Matt, and Avi sitting in the living room, television and the lights off as they all stared at the ground and said nothing.

"Alpha Kevin... Is she?... " Mitch whispered. Kevin looked up with red, swollen eyes and ear streaks stained his cheeks. He then shook his head and stood up. He stormed out of the room and upstairs.

Mitch wanted to follow him but felt Scott grab him. He turned around and stared at Scott's hand that was gripping his arm.

"Leave him be..." Scott mumbled. Mitch could feel Scott's hand and arm shaking. Scott released Mitch's arm and he sat on the couch where Kevin was. Mitch sat by Matt who rested his head on Mitch's shoulder.

The group heard loud cries coming from upstairs and they all flinched at each one, Mitch especially. He hated when others cried. He let Matt lay across his lap and nap and he stared at the blank wall across from him. Out of his peripheral vision, he could see Avi staring at him. He glanced over, Avi looking away just in time. Mitch turned his head to where Scott was. 

The tall Alpha had his elbow on the armrest and his fist propped his head up. His eyes were closed and his chest rose up and down rapidly and he sniffled every now and then. Mitch let his eyes droop and he looked down at Matt. He slowly moved Matt from his lap to a couch pillow before standing up and walking over to the couch Scott was on. 

Scott jumped when Mitch sat down near him and he looked up. Mitch sat on the opposite side of the couch and he patted his thigh invitingly. Scott stared at Mitch for a few moments before laying on his side and placing his head on Mitch's thighs. He felt his Omega's hand tangle in his hair and his scalp was scratched lovingly. He sniffled loudly and noticed Avi staring at the two so he turned over so his face was in front of Mitch's belly. 

After Scott was long asleep, Mitch stayed where he was, playing with Scott's hair. He felt a tap on his shoulder and he looked up. Avi was standing next to him, his arm outstretched with a blanket in his hands. Mitch hesitantly took the blanket and thanked the Alpha quietly. He threw the blanket over Scott's sleeping body and let out a deep breath. 

Avi woke up Matt and the two went to their shared room, leaving Scott and Mitch by themselves. 

-

"Scott, I appreciate the offer but, you really don't have to that." Kevin said. He had just gotten out of his room after several days and he looked awful. Dandruff in his hair, bags under his swollen eyes and he smelled a bit. Though, Scott didn't blame him; He'd just lost his Omega.

"They'll pay for a majority of it. Funerals are hard to pay for, Kevin." Scott offered again.

"Look, Scott, I don't know if I want to have a funeral for her. I was planning on getting her ashes. Maybe spread them somewhere or keep them in a jar. I just, don't want to see her go into the ground and get eaten by bugs." Kevin grimaced.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm sure. Is Mitch coming with me to the morgue?"

"Yes, he is. Let me make sure he's ready. Though, not to be rude, but you might want to freshen up before Y'all leave." Scott patted Kevin's shoulder before going to the guest room. He peeked in quietly to see Mitch sitting against the headboard, his knees tucked to his chest as he stared off.

"Mittens? You ready?" Mitch nodded and he placed his head on his arms. Scott stared at him before walking over and sitting beside him on the bed. He pushed Mitch's hair back and cupped his jaw lightly.

"Just go find Kevin when you're ready to leave. I need to go with Avi to go talk to a lawyer or something for Kirstie's will. Then we're going to the station to see if they found out anything about the intruder. We'll be back before you and Kevin get home. Do you want me to get you something on the way back?" 

"No thank you." Mitch mumbled. 

"Alright, then. See you later." 

***********************

For those of you who commented things you want to see in the later chapters, don't worry, I have some ideas I want to put those things in so it might be a while but I haven't forgotten about them. If you have anything else, please leave whatever you want to see. It's nice to have some ideas, especially with school rotting my brain cells away.

Also, the wound on my chest doesn't look like it's healing and it's making me mad bc I'm missing school bc of it and I just want it to go away so I can lay on my tummy when I sleep and not have to have stuff stuffed under my chesticles.