37.sick

Joshua looked surprised when he found out it was Tyler's mom in front of his door. After a split second, concern washed over him. Why would she be here? Was there something wrong?
She must've noticed right away because she smiled softly after Joshua invited her to step in, out of the freezing cold.
"Don't worry, nothing's wrong", she spoke as soon as Joshua closed the door and he sighed.
"Can I get you some tea or coffee?" He asked politely.

"No, thank you, that's okay. I'm gonna head home right away, Tyler's sick in bed. I don't know if he told you, but he's down with the flu. I just wanted to thank you for taking care of him last tuesday, i'm glad he wasn't outside for longer."

Joshua nodded. "Ofcourse. It was not a problem at all." His mind wandered to imagining a sick Tyler, cuddled away in blankets. "I'm sorry he still got sick.."

"There's something I want to ask... See I have to work tonight, i'm leaving in an hour. And Tyler.. he won't eat if you don't force him to and..." Joshua smiled. She didn't even have to finish her sentence for him to answer. "Not a problem, mrs. Joseph, i'll be there in 30 minutes. I'll make some food". He winked, "and make him eat it."

She smiled at his enthusiastic response. "Wonderful. Thank you so so much, Joshua. And you can just call me Kelly." The man smiled and nodded. "Every reason to spend some time with your son is a good one." He tried not to, but blushed a little when Kelly looked at him and smiled.

"He's very... fond of you Joshua. And you guys have my blessing, but", she turned to the door ready to step out. Joshua's heart nearly dropped at the 'but'. "But be careful with him okay? He's fragile."
He nodded, thinking over her words before closing the door behind her.

With his mind wandering he went into the kitchen, grabbing all kinds of ingredients to make Tyler a good stuffed chickensoup. He'd take good care of him.