2.6 + insecure

As I stood there in the shower letting the warm water hit my body. The water would slid down my skin and then hit the floor. I washed the conditioner out of my hair then let the water hit my face.

I turned the nob and the water stopping coming down. I opened the glass door a grabbed a towel wrapping it around my body as my wet foot stepped on the small carpet by the shower. I brought my hand to the mirror and wiped it bringing the fog away. I saw my face and hair with the water pushing it back.

The door nob to the bathroom door opened and Shawn came walking in. He walked up to me hugged me and kissed my forehead. My towel fell to the floor and then I saw Shawn smirk. I quickly went down and picked it up wrapping it around me again.

"Baby? What's wrong?" He asked.

"I just......I don't feel pretty."

He grabbed my face and made me look at him and he looked sad. He shook his head and kissed me.

"Honey, don't think like that. Your absolutely beautiful, it's unbelievable." He hugged me. "I can't believe your my beautiful girlfriend."

"I just hate it, I hate my stretch marks, I hate my hip dip, I hate my stomach. I wish it was I wanted it look."

"But baby your already perfect the way you are."

He could tell I still wasn't happy with what I looked like. He looked back at my face and put our foreheads together.

"I tell you what, you come with me to the gym. This way we can work on what you dislike, you'll feel happier and more confident. You don't even need to but if it's what will make you happy. You'll be healthy and be happy." I nodded my head and smiled.

"Okay,"

"Tomorrow? At 6, we'll both wake up and go. It'll be fun, just you and me." He said smiling.

-
a.n

I struggle with body issues and I know how easily it is to make yourself feel unpretty. And if other people make you feel unpretty, forget them. It is easier said than done but I believe you can do it. Just by doing physical activity you feel better, I'm not going to sit here and say that you don't need to but truth is you feel happier and healthier.