1.3 + delivery room

.*.•.*.

I was in the kitchen getting crackers out of the cabinet when I felt my water break. I dropped the crackers and called out for Shawn.

"Babe! Shawn!" My belly was so big I couldn't see my feet, I heard Shawn running down the hall and into the kitchen.

"You okay babe? What's wrong?" Shawn came walking over to me and saw the water in the floor. He picked up the crackers and set them in the cabinet.

"My water broke, get the bag we need to go." Shawn got the bag from the closet in the living room, he came over to me and took mine hand in his. We walked out the front door and Shawn helped me get into his Jeep. Shawn got in the drivers seat and out the bag in the back and started the car. We drove to the hospital and and Shawn got me out of the car and we walked up to the counter.

"Can I help you?" The nurse at the front asked.

"Yes please."

"Name?"

"Mendes, my wife's water broke." Shawn helped the bag in his hand and his phone in the other. Another nurse came and showed us to our room. Shawn called his mom and told his family we were there. I went by the bed and tried getting in myself.

"Oh babe let me help you." Shawn came over and held my hand while lifting my leg up.

"Thanks." A contraction started, it wasn't extremely painful but it hurt.

"Ahh oh ou."

"Does it really hurt? Are you going to want the drug?"

"It's not that painful, but I do want the drug." A doctor came walking in with a clipboard and looked up at us.

"How are you?"

"Pregnant." Shawn and I both chuckled and then the doctor asked if I'd want the drug.

"Yes please."

"Okay a nurse will be here shortly to give you the drug." The doctor walked out and then Shawn's Mom started the call.

"Hey Mom. Yeah I'm with her. You want to talk to her? Okay her she is." Shawn handed me the phone and Karen was on the other line.

"Hey ma."

"Hi sweetie, we're on our way. How you feeling? By the way your on speaker phone, Aaliyah and Manny is here."

"Hi guys. I'm feeling okay, I'm getting the drug soon."

"That's good, okay we're pulling up into the garage we'll see you soon." Karen hung up and I handed Shawn his phone back.

"I can't believe we're going to be parents (y/n). I'm so happy your going to be the mother of my son, I wouldn't chose anyone else." Shawn leaned in a kissed me, he held my face with both his hands and then we heard a knock at the door and in walked Shawn's parents and sister.

"Hi sweet pea." Karen said while walking over to me and giving me a hug, then came Manny and then Aaliyah.

"We're going to be grandparents, my baby boy is going to be a dad!"

_____

"Okay just push, you need to push."

"Come on baby! You can do it." Shawn held my hand while I squeezed it.

"Just one more push and you'll have your baby boy." The doctor said. "Here he is." The doctor held our son in his arms and then wrapped him in a blanket. Shawn walked over and took our son in his arms and walked over to me. Shawn placed him on my chest and we both looked at our baby while tearing up.

"I'm a mom." I whispered to myself while Shawn kissed the temple of head and said " I'm a Dad."

Karen was in the room with us, she stood on the side of me and looked down at her grandson.

"What's his name?" Karen asked while holding his hand. Shawn and I both looked ya each other and said.

"Jake."

"Oh that's beautiful."