6.0 + waking up early

I woke up to an empty bed and could hear a faint noise in the kitchen along with quite music and someone singing. I looked over at the clock on Shawn's nightstand and read 5:00 am. I tried falling asleep but I couldn't without his warmth. I sat up on the bed and grabbed the small blanket off the end of the bed to wrap it around myself, my feet touched the cold wood as I walked into the kitchen. There was a bare chest Shawn making food as he sung and danced around a little. I laughed to myself quietly and made my way over to him, I wrapped my arms around his torso and layed my head on his back.

"Did I wake you, sweetie?" He asked.

"Yeah, but it's okay." I said not moving from his body.

"Whatcha makin?" I asked but then corrected myself.

"Wait, whatcha burnin?" I asked as he defended himself.

"Hey, I've been practicing and I gotta say I've made some progress." He said and I could tell he was smiling.

"You can't count when I help, well when I cook to important things and you open a can of green beans." I said making fun of him and he pulled my arms off him turning around to give me a hug.

"You're cold," he said as he wrapped the blanket around me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You want pancakes?" He asked as held me with one arm and managed to flip a pancake with his open hand. I looked up at my amazing boyfriend and smiled nodding my head.

"I'd love some," I said as I then kissed his chest. He kissed the top of my head and let me go as I grabbed plates and forks.

"Did you get the syrup out?" I asked as I walked to the cabinet about to open it.

"Yeah, it's on the counter." He said pointing to it not looking as he flipped another pancake. I watched as he made breakfast, his back muscles moving as he would grab things and move them. His arm muscles that would contract as he focused on not messing up the art of the flip as he says.

"I think they're good now, hun." I said with a small giggle. He brought the plate over with all the pancakes and put them on the table walking back to grab the pan of scrambled eggs.

"You made eggs too!" I said excited. I got up from the chair running to the fridge to grab ketchup.

"Thank you," I said walking past him and kissing his temple.

"You're welcome," I could feel him staring at me as I got my food.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing, you're just beautiful." I laughed at him.

"While I'm eating? You're funny." I said joking.

"No really, you are." There was a bit of silence as he got his food on his plate. He kept looking at me but I brushed it off knowing I wouldn't be able to stop him.

"I love you," he said for the first time and I had pancake in my mouth but forgot.

"What?" I asked surprised and forgetting the food in my mouth. He laughed at me and pointed to his mouth telling me mine was full. I swallowed the food and asked him again.

"What'd you say?" I asked. He stared at me with a big smile, my blanket was falling off my shoulder. He picked it up and put back on my body and leaned forward.

"I said, I love you."

My shocked face turned into a smile and I replayed what he said over and over again in my head.

"I-I love you too," I said smiling like an idiot. His face was still close to mine and he gave me a peck on the lips. The whole time I was eating I couldn't help but smile, which was hard.

We finished up eating and I washed the plates and Shawn put the rest of the food away. He came up behind me and hugged me.

"I love you," he said with his chin resting on my shoulder.

"I love you too," I said as I wiped dry and plate and sat it down. Shawn turned me around and gave me a passionate kiss. He pulled away at rested his forehead on mine.

"Now that we've established that we love each other, my parents have told me once I knew they have to meet her. No argument, my Mum will literally race down here when she knows you're here just to meet you." He walked away leaving me scared to meet to the parents.