Chapter five🌸

KADUNA STATE.

Baby Hayrah stirred into her sleep as she heard an annoying voice that has been croaking somewhat since disturbing her silent sweet sleep. She sits up looking round the room for her Maami only to spot her clinging onto her knees behind the door and crying her eyes out. She walks to her mother in slow steps coming in contact with her blood shot eyes.

"Maami don't cry" she said in her babyish voice using her little hand to wipe her mothers face. She hug her close to her heart crying more

"How can I not cry Hayrah when your I've just been separated from my two weeks old son. Where is he? Is he crying? Did she feed him? Is she taking care of my baby? Is he even alive?" Maami cried while Hayrah stare at her not understanding what she is saying.

"Ya Allah.. Heal the ache in my chest, take care of my Jaffar, bring him back to me. Ya Allah.. The all hearing" she prayed hugging Hayrah when was still confused nevertheless stayed in her mother's warm embrace.

Innar Abba who was standing by the door dumbfounded listening to her daughter in law cry and pray she wipe her own tears with her wrapper wondering how on earth the poor woman was feeling. she can't imagine being separated from your two weeks old baby, it must be terrifying.

She zoned out from her thoughts thinking about what brought her to the guest room in the first place.. Abba has arrived and Alhaji has sent for maman Hayrah to settle things.

"Maman Hayrah, wipe your tears and wear a beautiful smile on that face. Stand up let's go, Baban Hayrah is here" Innar Abba inform watching the duo of mother and daughter hugging the lives of each other and weeping in pain.

Maman Hayrah did as told as they walk to Alhaji's living room, there the father was sitting majestically on the couch while the son was sitting nervously on the carpet fidgeting with his fingers nervously, a habit of his. He knows his father very well and when Alhaji is angry at you one is dead.

"Sannu maman Hayrah. We have gathered here to solve this issue, Abba I've been told everything that has happened and now I want you to ask yourself.. Is it worth it refusing to marry someone while your two weeks old child is somewhere in the world? Whether dead or Alive Allahu aa'alam now what do you have to say about this situation?" Alhaji spoke missing the grand son he has never set eyes on.

"Alhaji I believe I have every right to be listened to. I was not in my senses when I agreed to marry Yunija if not never in my life have I thought of getting married again. Maman Hayrah is my first and last love, she is my only wife and will forever be. Even my heart ache and long to see my child but what can I do? I can't marry Yunija cause I won't be able to do justice to her, I will never be able to love her and Allah SWT said:

“...If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one (wife), or that which your right hands posses. An-nisa 4/3”

So Alhaji you have listened to my point, I am sorry but I won't be able to do this. Allah gave us Jaffar and In Shaa Allah he will nurture and take care of him every where he is. Let's just keep praying for him and maman Hayrah please come back home" he finished and Maami was soaked with tears.

Her Jaffar is gone!

"Even if he is dead -" he continues but she cut him off.

"No. he is not dead call it mother instincts or what but I feel it, my son is still alive" 

"In Shaa Allah now let's go home please" he plead and she wipe her tears nodding her head.

***      ***

It's been three years since the Yunija incident and not a day has passed without Maami missing Jaffar. She cried her self to sleep every night thinking and dreading to see her son, sometimes her breast will be hurting and as believed it means he child wants to eat but she has no idea where in the world he is.

Maami was brought out of her thoughts when she felt a liquid pouring from her private part. Au'zu billah! Her water has broke. Yes, she was pregnant again.

She place her hand on her tummy letting out a shrill and her neighbors run inside the house in horror, when they saw her condition, they quickly gather all their strength help her to the room where they delivered the baby.

Baban Abba who was pacing in the compound outside the room said every du'aa he knew praying for his wife's safe delivery let out a sigh of relief when one of his neighbor exit the room holding a baby wrapped in a cotton wool blanket.

"Alhamdulilah, it's a girl" she grinned handing the baby to the father. He gently collect the baby looking at the pretty human being before him then said the khutbaah.

"Haneesa Abba Gorge" he announced smiling at his daughter and that day he vowed to give his daughter the best and in other to do that he had to be rich so he set out to the city of Abuja with his two daughters while Jaffar was now the past and a taboo if mentioned in the family.

***        ***

Yeah.. Yeah.. It was short sorry but phew! Done with flashback now let's go back to the reality and join Haneesa and Ahmaad ayeeee💕

Vote, comment and share✨