Chapter 3: It's A Girl

Lya sat on the floor in the Plantation living room with her father's journal in front of her as she re-read it for the thousandth time. She didn't notice Klaus watching her from the doorway as she turned the pages. The original was slow in the steps he took towards as his curiosity about she was reading got the best of him.

"Interesting book you've got there," Klaus said looking at the page on type B vampires, Lya was currently reading.

"It's my father's hunting journal," Lya told him as she marked her place in closed it. "Most of its lore, ways to kill supernatural creatures, and hunts he went on but there are entries in here about my brothers and me."

"What's your favorite entire about you?" Klaus asked sounding like he actually cared to know.

"Um there's this one from when mom was two months pregnant with me," Lya said finding the page and handing it to him.

"The boys and I went to visit Emily in Hemlock Grove today" Klaus read aloud "It's been over a month since we discovered her pregnancy and she already claims to know the gender. Some old family heirloom that tells the mother by either circling clockwise for a boy or counterclockwise for a girl. According to Emily, it's never failed and it told her the baby's a girl." Klaus stopped there and looked at Lya. "Most have been magic seeing as it was right."

"Hold on an old family heirloom that tells a baby's gender," Lya said taking the journal back and reading the sentence a few times before clutching her locket. "She gave me it before she died."

"I'm guessing it's that necklace," Klaus said and Lya nodded. "Well there's no harm in trying it"

"Your right" Lya said taking the necklace off and holding it over her hand as her mother had explained. For a few seconds it didn't move and then just as she was about to give up it started moving counterclockwise. After a second of watching it, she looked up at Klaus who was watching it closely. "It's a girl"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Note: Sorry this chapters short, it was mostly meant to be a bonding moment between Klaus and Lya and how they found out the babies gender.

~Rynn