Chapter 12: Christmas

Lya was the first Winchester out of the Impala and instantly ran to Klaus and took Hope from him. She held the child as if she would slip away and no longer exist if she let go. She could fall, Sam, Dean, Henry and all the Mikaelsons watching her closely as she holds the child. Hope seemed to admittedly know Lya was her mother and clung her.

"I'm never letting go of you again" Lya whispered to the baby. "Not for a second."

"Not even for her uncles," Dean asked.

"Nope," Lya said shaking her head. "Not even if you killed me."

"I'm surprised Niklaus even hand her over his begin with," Elijah said turning to Lya's family and noticing Henry. "Henry, I've seen you since 1957."

"Oh yeah he got stuck here," Lya said, "Do think Kol or Davina will being willing to help him find his way back?"

"I'll ask later," Elijah said, "Come on let's get inside."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Eventually, Lya let her brothers and Henry hold her daughter. At moment Henry was bouncing his great-granddaughter on his knee while he talked with Elijah and Lya.

"You know she looks a lot like your grandmother," Henry told Lya.

"He's right," Elijah said, "Hope looks a great deal like Millie."

"I can see that," Lya said

"See what," Dean asked taking a seat by his sister after stealing his niece away from his grandfather.

"That Hope and our grandmother look a like," Lya told him.

"Oh so she looks like Aunt Liz and Care," Dean said "Though I'm pretty sure the eyes are a hundred percent Mikaelson. Wait how are Aunt Liz and Caroline doing?"

"Care's good for the most part," Lya said, "but Aunt Liz has a brain tumor so it's only a matter of time before she not okay."

"I'm confused," Henry said

"Um, Grandma Millie eventually remarried after you disappeared, " Lya told him "Went on to have a daughter, our Aunt Elizabeth Forbes, who has her own daughter, Caroline, who also happens to be a vampire."

"Oh," Henry said.

"She did stop loving you," Dean said, "She just decided it was time to move on so her and dad could be happy."

"Wait to remember that Dad dropped you, Sam and I off at Grandma's for a month," Lya asked.

"Yeah you were like three," Dean said, "and one-day Aunt brought Caroline over and left me in charge of two while she and grandma went to the store."

"I still have no idea how you lose two toddlers," Sam said entering the room.

"Well looks Uncle Dean's never babysitting," Klaus said coming after Sam and take Hope.

"Nah, it was one time," Lya told him. "and I was Caroline, you know how troublesome the two of us can be when put together."