Chapter 39: Nightmare

Marcel allowed the Mikaelsons yo return to New Orleans so Vincent could heal Hope. However, it didn't work out so well because of something called Hollow. Turns out four other kids had been taken and Hope wasn't going to be safe till they were.

At the moment Lya was the only person at the compound with Hope. Hayley, Klaus, and Elijah had gone with Marcel and Vincent to save the kids and Freya were off with Keelin doing whatever it was they were doing. Hope was currently upstairs sleeping while Lya sat in the lounge on the phone with Caroline.

"Care, this scares me more than when Katherine almost killed her and the twins," Lya told her blonde cousin. "Hell, it scares me more than the thought of losing Dean to Micheal or Jack to the apocalypse world."

"Well, Klaus is going to make sure nothing happens to her," Caroline said, "We both know that your little girl is the one thing he loves most in the world."

"I know" Lya mumbled "I know but you should have felt her skin. It was like she was literally freezing to death."

"I have you tried contacting Chuck," Caroline asked, "I mean if anyone can save Hope and the four other kids and stop the Hollow it would be God."

"I've tried both him and Amara," Lya told her "Neither of them will answer. I understand Amara not answering but Hope is technically Chuck's granddaughter, you think he'd at least care about her even if he can't about his own children." A sudden scream from upstairs drawing Lya's attention away from her conversation. "Care I have to go."

Instantly Lya hung up the phone and bolted up to Hope's room. The little girl was gasping for breath and shaking as if she'd just woken from a nightmare.

"Hey baby it's okay," Lya said moving to Hope quickly and pulling her on to her lap. The seven-year-old Mikaelson clung to her mother as Lya ran a hand through the child's hair. "Your okay, I promise. Nothing going to hurt you as long as I'm here."

"I was so scared" Hope mumbled holding on to Lya tightly.

"You want to tell me what happened," Lya asked and Hope shook her head rapidly. "Okay but I'm here if you want to talk about it and Daddy will be back soon."

"Okay Mommy" Hope said "Will you stay with me"

"Sure," Lya said moving to tuck Hope back under her covers before she sat next to the child. Hope crawled into Lya's side as she hummed 'Hey Jude'  for Hope.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

An hour or so later, Klaus entered Hope's room to find the child cuddled up with her mother as they both slept. Taking a step over to them, he kissed each of their foreheads accidentally waking Lya in the process.

"Sorry, Love" Klaus said, "Go back to sleep."

"Are the kids okay?" Lya asked detangling herself from Hope and getting up anyways.

"They're okay," Klaus told her as they stepped out of the room. "All of them got home safely and unharmed. What had you falling asleep in there?"

"Hope had another bad dream," Lya told him "She didn't want to talk about it but didn't want to be left alone. I think she'll be fine in the morning though."