Chapter 36: Saving Niklaus

Lya got left with Kol to watch Josh while Rebekah went to distract Marcel and the rest went to save Klaus. It wasn't her most ideal place to be on the rescue mission seeing as she and Kol had a tendency to push each other's buttons.

"Well here's to nobody dying today," Josh said handing Lya and Kol each a drink while Kol looked at pictures of Davina and Cami on the wall. "Or was I premature? Tell me what happens when Klaus gets out. What are you guys gonna do massacre this whole city."

"We just wanted to get our brother and leave," Kol told him "I for one never want to see this filthy city again."

"I was with someone," Josh said realizing why Kol was being so depressing. "This guy Aiden. He was killed by your aunt actually and afterwards, I hated everything and I mean everything. Even the sun, you know. It just keeps coming up every morning like it was any other day and the world hadn't completely changed. It's taken forever for me to feel normal again."

"How fortunate that you do," Kol said glaring at him.

"Kol," Lya said getting the attention of the original "What I think Josh is trying to say is that you will too someday."

"She right" Josh said

"Why are you telling me all this" Kol asked

"I think Davina would have wanted me to," Josh said as his phone it off. Kol grabbed it off the counter and looked at as Lya looked over his shoulder.

"Since we're such go, friends, now," Kol said getting up and stepping around Lya as she did the same. "Then perhaps you can explain what Teutoburg means."

"Um," Josh said "I'm really not apart of all this "

"Of course your not," Kol said pocketing the phone "Especially when you're receiving coded messages from the man holding my brother captive. Now listen very carefully if something has happened to my sister or if something is about to happen to another member of my family this city and everyone in it will burn. You, your boyfriend, your friends, this bar, your home. Shell, I continue? Now tell me what Teutoburg means."

"It's a battle where the bad guys caught the good guys off guard" Josh explained, "Marcel is warning me that your all here so I can spread the word to the rest of our guys."

"So you can keep us busy," Lya said and Josh gave her an apologetic look.

"And so Marcel can kill us," Kol said snapping Josh's neck. "Your lucky Davina liked." The original then turned to the mother of his niece. "Come on Love, let go save Rebekah."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Kol and Lya got to the graveyard to find the vampire Sofya stabbing wooden arrows in Rebekah's back. Kol quickly ripped out the heart of Sofya's companion before she ran and Lya pulled the arrows out of Rebekah. Within seconds though more vampires attacked them Rebekah soon woke up to help them. After that three head for the meeting place outside of New Orleans.

"Elijah this me not worrying that you were supposed to be here twenty minutes ago" Rebekah spoke into Elijah's voice mail "please call me back."

"It's been too long," Kol told the two girls "We should go."

"We're not leaving our family," Rebekah told him.

"Marcel could be shredding our family to pieces as we speak" Kol stated

"Or perhaps they simply don't have cell service in a drainage pipe," Lya told him "They be here, Kol"

"While we have a moment" Rebekah spoke looking at both Kol and Lya "I wanted to say thank you."

"For what," Kol asked

"For coming to get me," Rebekah said, "so I could be seating here annoyed at you and wondering why the bloody hell Lya hasn't shown us a picture of our niece."

Before either Kol or Lya could give her a response Elijah came out of the pipe supporting Klaus with Hayley and Freya right behind them.

"Nik," Rebekah said rushing over and hugging her brother.

"You can help him later we need to leave," Freya said.

"Hurry Marcel's right behind us," Hayley told them

"Actually I'm right here," Marcel said appearing in front of them.