Bikey, Back Pain (Part 2)

Mikey

I sighed in relief when Brook finally dropped off.
He'd looked so exhausted, and just done, by that point, and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.

There had been tears in his eyes before whenever his back played up, but this was the first time I'd seen them roll down his cheeks.
That just proved to me how much he was hurting.
His back had been stiff, his whole body tense, until he'd dropped off.

Now he looked peaceful, although his cheek was pressed into the sofa. I smiled softly, ruffling his hair before picking up the hot water bottle again. Refilling it first, I then gently lay it atop Brooks back, where the pain had been the worst, to help. And it did help, it just seemed that this time it didn't work as efficiently, or as effectively as previous times.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I then headed into the Jacklyn room to grab Brooks blanket, before laying in gently on top of him. He mumbled something, but I couldn't understand a word of what he was saying. The hand that was on the sofa curled into the blanket and pulled it closer, while the arm that hung of the chair continued to hang limply, his knuckles ever so softly brushing the carpet.

He looked so innocent, so unaffected by everything as he slept on the sofa.
I sighed again, rubbing my face with my hands.
I guess it was time to carry on with the editing...

***

He only stayed asleep for about an hour.
I watched over him for a few seconds every now and then, noting his carefree expression with a soft smile.
But when he awoke, it was filled with pain, and he let out a groan before slumping back down.

"Brooky?" I set my laptop down and headed over, falling to my knees beside his head. He opened his eyes then, and my face fell slightly when I saw the pain in his eyes... and the tears.

"It hurts again." He groaned. I could see him trying to curl in on himself, but his back wouldn't allow it.
I felt awful.

"As bad as before?" I asked, placing my hand on his forehead as he closed his eyes again. He felt slightly warm, but he did have a blanket and a hot water bottle on top of him.

"No, definitely better, it's probably a six now." He murmered.

I nodded. "Okay... that's a good start. Do you want another backrub?" I offered. I didn't care at this point if the boys walked in on us.

"No... I'm just going to try to sleep."

"But it woke you up Brook." I frowned, removing my hand from his forehead.

"I know, but... can you lay with me?" He sounded so pitiful, and as his eyes opened my heart thumped at the pain in them.

"Of course. You'll have to budge up though." I said softly as I stood up.

He nodded then, rolling over as far as he could.
I slipped onto the sofa beside him, lifting the blanket up so that I could crawl underneath it. I was sat up slightly, so when Brook rolled back over with a hiss his head was lying on my chest.

His arm was still draped over the edge of the sofa, but it now hung over me aswell. I ruffled his hair again, wrapping arm around him to hold him secure... he was so tense.

"Thanks Mike." I heard him whisper.

"Don't worry about it." I said back. Unknowingly my hand had trailed down to Brooks back, and had slowly been rubbing circles into the culprit of Brooks pain.

Immediately he relaxed a bit onto me, sighing when I guessed the pain was slowly fading again.
I didn't stop the circular motion on his back, even when he fell asleep.
Maybe if I carried on he wouldn't wake up as a result of his back?

So that's what I did, for at least another thirty minutes until the front door crashed open. I felt Brook jolt awake at the sudden noise, but I just sushed him back to sleep.

"Quite down!" I yelled in a whisper as Rye walked in, talking rather loudly. Luckily I was sat up facing the door so I could see them.

"Why? What's happened?" He asked loudly again, not even bothering to lower his voice.

"Rye! Lower your voice!" I asked again, before turning my attention back to Brooklyn, who'd whimpered. I rubbed his back again, and gently squeezed his arm.

"Mikey?" Jack and Andy had joined Rye now, but they'd come to their senses and had quietened down.

"Thankyou." I said back, giving them a  look when they all quietly trailed into the Mindy room.

"What's happened?" Rye asked again, only now noticing Brook, who was lying across my chest.

"His back... nothings working so he asked if I could lay with him." I replied, watching as they all gave Brook pitying glances.

"Is there anything we can do?" Jack asked quietly.

I shook my head. "Not really... but just try to keep the noise down?" I asked, looking right at Jack and Rye from that request... I knew Andy would stay quiet. Rye and Jack in the other hand...
You could never tell.

"Of course... right, we'll leave you too it then."

Rye and Jack retreated to their respective rooms, and Andy sat on my bed, seeing as I was facing that way anyway.

"How bad is it?" He asked.

"It was a nine earlier... but he says it's gone down to a six." I replied softly, ruffling Brooks hair again before resuming the circles on his back.

"Jesus... that's the first nine right?" Andy but his lip, looking worriedly at the boy fast asleep on top of me.

"Yeah. Literally nothing worked Fovvs... he had literal tears running down his cheeks." I closed my eyes as I remembered the scene from earlier, it all replaying again in my head.

"So what did you end up doing? He seems calm enough now." Andy asked, tucking his legs into his chest and resting his chin on his knees.

"Don't laugh alright? But I gave him a back rub... there was no other options." I tried to protest as I opened my eyes.

Andy just cracked a small smile. "It worked didn't it?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"-Then don't worry about it. It worked, and now he's sleeping." Andy finished.

"Thanks Fovvs." I murmered, leaning back slightly to rest my head on the arm do the chair.

"It's fine... and I'm going to leave you two to it, you look like you're going to pass out in a second mate." He chuckled softly. My eyes fluttered shut as I weakly smiled, making sure my arm was firmly around Brooklyn.

"Okay... remind them to-"

"-Keep the noise down. Got it."

I let out a breathy laugh, before everything became fuzzy.

The last thing I remembered was Brooklyn nuzzling into my chest as I exhaled softly.

-----------------

So... Here's part 2, as requested.
I hope you enjoyed it, and thanks again for reading.
Also, thankyou to sarah_rtx, LilMissShawty_, joeck_lover, Jayramie23, and adorkablefovvs for voting. ❤️
Love WolfGirl. ❤️