Jacklyn, Dehydration

Jack

Brook was a forgetful person, and so naturally forgets that he needs to drink and eat. If I don't remind him, or one of the boys doesn't remind him, he could potentially go without eating or drinking for days. I'd learnt the signs by now, so I could tell when he'd been forgetful for a day or two.

***

The first thing I noticed today was his breathing. While asleep, his breath was even, and slow. But today, because he'd fallen asleep on me, I could easily tell that it was different. A lot quicker than normal, and a lot heavier than normal.
I frowned, stroking his hair as he mumbled in his sleep, before letting my hand drop.

I'd make sure that he drunk something when he woke up... I keep bottles of water everywhere, for this exact reason. All the boys did.

Especially since the first and second times this had happened. Both times he'd passed out abruptly, and both times we'd been clueless as to what was the cause.

I then figured it out. How he would forget to eat and drink, even if people were eating all around him.

He got better then. All of us constantly reminding him.
But sometimes it slipped our minds.
Just like it did today, even though I'd told myself to remind him.

Brook had fallen asleep on me whilst we'd been watching a film, which I always found really sweet. I kissed his forehead and turned off the TV, reaching gently over him for my phone and deciding to tweet a selfie.

Someone's tired today... but I still love you ❤️❤️-Jack

I then proceeded to reply to loads of comments from the Roadies, seeing as they had all been so active recently.
And plus I had nothing better to do.

I smiled softly down at Brook. Even though I was the youngest in the band, I still felt obliged to protect him from everything... or maybe that was also do to with the fact that I was dating him... I'm not really sure. Perhaps it was both things.

Anyway, if he didn't wake up within the next hour I'd wake him up myself. But I forgot all about reminding him to get some food, or drink, whilst I was talking to the Roadies, swapping between them so fast that I couldn't really keep up with any of the conversations I was having. It was fun though, and I tweeted my goodbye so I wouldn't have to do it over and over again to the Roadies that I had been speaking to.

At that moment Brook stirred beside me. I put my phone down and gently ran my fingers over his arm.

"Hey Brooky." I murmered, pressing my lips against his when he sleepily smiled up at me.

"Hey." He yawned, cuddling into me further.

I laughed. "C'mon Brook... We can't stay in bed all day."

He sighed crossly, but I saw the smirk before he could hide it. "We did yesterday." He complained.

That wasn't a lie. We had stayed in bed playing GTA all day, much to the other boy's annoyance; but we did go to the gym twice.

"I know that, but I think the boys want us to film some content for the vlog channel." I answered, sitting up and chuckling when Brooklyn flopped down onto my bed.

"You can't make me Jack." His voice was muffled by my duvet.

"Oh yeah?" I challenged. My boyfriend didn't say anything.

I stood up, hovering my hands just above his side before I tickled him. There reaction was immediate. He started giggling, rolling in my duvet to try to get away, but I was relentless. I found myself giggling too, watching Brook slowly turn red in the face. He held out his hands to stop me but I kept pushing them aside.