31. Diner and Dante

Miya

"Charlotte! We are missing someone fries!" I yelled out to her, and she said, "I know, some accidentally for extra fries!"

The lunch time rush, yes, this time was our most busy time. We never got a break nor did we even get a second to figure out what went where. It was hectic yes, but it was really nice knowing that everyone was getting their food, even if they are missing some fries.

After that was over, I rested my head on the counter, and stayed there for a good ten minutes. I felt a hand on my back, and I looked up to see Charlotte. "Charlotte, i am so tired." I whined, and she laughed. "It's okay, baby, we all get to rest now. We all get it rest." She spoke.

Charlotte had been working here ever since she turned sixteen. She was twenty two now. I had turned 18 a couple months ago. It felt good, being older, but I wasn't older than.... Luca.

See! This is what I was talking about. My thought normally drift over to him, but that's just because I was still so happy to have gotten away three months ago. If i didn't, I wouldn't of met these wonderful people.

I closed my eyes and thought about that for a moment. Then I smiled. Charlotte..... Becky..... They were amazing people, there accepted me, despite me being a little closed off.

"Hey, Charlotte.... We get off early today right?" I asked her. Charlotte took of her apron. "In about twenty minutes." She answered. I nodded.

We get off work early today due to some check up Lori had set up, so we have to leave. "Wanna do something?" I asked her. She quickly looked over at me and flashed me one of her beautiful smiles. "Of course. Shopping and a milkshake?" She asked. She knew I loved milkshakes more than anything.

"Sounds good." I told her. She smiled again, and I gave her one really big hug, and I wasn't planning on letting go. She laughed. "What was that for?" She spoke, hugging me back. "Just for being you, and being there for me." I told her.

She smiled and spoke. "Thanks, kid, you really know who to make me smile." The she walked away, stealing a chocolate chip cookie on the way. I choked down a laugh, and served my next customer.

"Hey, how my I help you today, sir?" I asked politely. He smiled, showing off he's really white teeth. "A coffee and a piece of apple pie would be nice." He spoke. I nodded, "one moment sir."

I took the pie and poured his coffee. Setting his order down in front of him, he stared at me. I went to turn away but he placed his hand on mine, "stay for a while, I've got nobody." He spoke. That was so sad. Alone? He had nobody? I know what's that's like.

"Of course." I told him, then sat down directly across him. The only thing separating us was the counter. "So, what brings you here?" I asked him. He looked up and smiled again. For someone who had nobody, he diffidently liked to smile.

"I don't know actually. I was just visiting the place." He spoke.

"Oh, cool."

"So what's a pretty thing like you working here?"

I giggled. "Need the money."

Then we continued talking, about God knows what. I would have to go and pour more coffee for other people, but I would always come back so I could speak to him.

I enjoyed speaking to him.

***Third Person***

Miya continued to talk to this man. She had actually learned that his name was Dante, and that he was only here in Vancouver for a job. He would be gone as soon as it was over.

This sort of upset her, she enjoyed talking to him. Knowing that he would eventually leave her, was a little sad, but that's just how the world works.

Dante also liked talking to Miya. He found her sweet, quiet, but she also had plenty on her mind. Also, he found the hat she could go right into detail, so he could capture the moment that she was taking about.

Thoughtful. She was really thoughtful too. He watched her go around, and help any person that needed it. Plus, she was great with kids. She seemed to light up when she saw one enter the diner.

He liked the thought of her taking care of anyone who needed help, but also felt something else. Regret, or guilt, maybe. She had a reason to be so kind, or maybe she was just born like that.

Kind, and willing to do anything for anyone. She had already told him that she had moved her three months ago. Even though she didn't give him any reason why she moved her. She just came for the sake of coming, that is what she had told him.

She knew that wasn't true, she came for the freedom and to escape. However, Miya knew that Dante didn't need to know that. All he needs to know is that she is here now and she plans on staying. It all depends on how it all works out.

Dante had already asked questions about her past, but Miya was always one step ahead of him. All she said is that she lived with her aunt and uncle, and did whatever kids do. She was completely normal and had a great childhood.

Even if she knew that her story was a big, fat lie. But he didn't need to know that. Nobody did. Not even her friends knew about her horrid past. Nope, not one.

Then she was able to leave. It was hard to believe that the time that had spent together was only twenty minutes. It felt like a whole lot longer. Miya had told Dante that she was off tomorrow, and that she'll be back to work on Monday, hopefully she'll see him then.

He liked that, he liked that a lot. She smiled, and went to her house, with Charlotte of course. Miya had made plans with her two friends to go shopping and milkshakes. They couldn't wait.

Dante left and Miya locked up. Getting into Charlotte's car, they sped off. Leaving nothing but the fumes of the car back at the diner. Dante watched them leave.

As soon as they went around the corner, Dante pulled somethings out of his pocket. His phone. He forgotten to get her phone number. Instead he called a number that called many times before.

"Yeah?" Said the voice on the other line. "I just met a very cute girl, I think I might ask her out." Dante spoke. The man laughed in the other line. "Quit joking around."

Dante smiled and wiped his nose. "Okay, she just left to go to her house now, she's with her friends." Dante told the man. He man on the they line smiled, and bit his lower lip. "Good." Dante laughed. "Okay, she'll be surprised when you show up, Luca." Dante told the man. "Good work, Dante. I knew this I could count on you." Luca chuckled, and Dante spoke. "Yeah, your the boss, Luca." They clicked off and Luca rested his head on the airplane's soft cushion, chair.

"I'm coming for you Miya."

******

A/N

So Dante works for Luca! Has Luca finally caught Miya after 3 whole months? How will they both react when they come face to face with each other... That is.... If Luca actually finds her.

Read the next chapter to find out.

❤️😉

-Coridella13