|01| - Grumpy beginnings

"I hope you'll never get a dog if it's supposed to have a name like this."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Who the fuck would name their dog Mr. Peanut Wigglebut, Nancy?!"

"Shut up Ell, you don't want me to remind you why no one ever allowed you to have a cat."

"I'd like to know," the two girls turned around to find the owner of the voice who turned out to be their best friend Steve, who was peaking through the door, joining the conversation between the two females.

"She wanted to name her cat Katy Purry last year," Nancy snapped, earning a loud laugh from their favourite male classmate.

"Wow, Ellie. You really are something," he says once the intensity of his laugh lowers a bit.

"I'd love to spend more time with your boring asses but someone still has work to do. Take care, kids," Ellie waves them goodbye as she throws her jacket over her shoulders.

"A date doesn't count as work, Cooper!" Nancy screamed at Ellie but she had already smashed the door closed behind her.

____

💬Waiting for you outside ;)

Ellie frowned as soon as she read the message.

She was about to experience her first date tonight, with a guy named Jackson. It was strange since she is already 20 but she never had much time to hang out with anyone, so the first date had to wait for a bit longer. Until today.

Normally at this time, she would be just chilling on her couch with her roomate and best friend - Nancy.

But she the one who made up a story of how crazy Ellie was going over Jackson (not Jackson from GOT7, just saying) and how she couldn't wait to finally meet him. And because she told him this story, which was a creation of her fantasy, and unfortunately for Ellie, she had no other choice than to go.

So, the big day was today. Finally going on a first date would be fine, but the fact was that Ellie definitely wasn't going crazy over Jackson, she didn't even know what he looked like. But she decided to rely on her best friend's opinion for once and go get dinner with that Jackson guy.

"He's already here?" Nancy asked as she saw Ellie grabbing her jacket from the hanger in their shared apartment.

"Yep."

"Right on time. What a gentleman," she jumped from the couch and made her way towards Ellie who was now putting her shoes on.

"Yeah, the greatest under the sun," Ellie snapped, not forgetting to roll her eyes just to add a little more sarcasm to it before continuing: "Poor thing it's already deadly dark."

"Don't be rude and enjoy your night, young woman," Nancy winked, ignoring her roommate's saltiness and cursing why she can't just be grateful for her effort.

"I'll try, bye," Ellie said before closing the door behind her and getting inside of a car which was already waiting outside.

____

The date went...interestingly.

To sum it up, the moment when Jackson excused himself to go to the restroom was definitely the best part of the night.