|66| - Soft moments

Ellie doesn't say a word as she throws herself on Jeongguk's chest and he must admit he's surprised from her sudden sign of affection. He expected her to continue walking past him with blank expression and short simple answers to his questions like she's been doing during this past week.

Her hands wrap around his neck, elbows resting on his shoulders as he supports her body by pulling her close to his. The boys fondly watch as Jeongguk's hands wrap around her back and Ellie stands on her tiptoes to reach him.

"Hi," he mutters sweetly into her hair.

They both release a sigh of relief, feeling at peace once they're sure the other is okay. Only two days passed without Jeongguk being around, and Ellie now really wants to allow herself to get used to his presence and the feeling of safety whenever he's around.

"I didn't know you'd come," she confesses.

"Of course I would, it's your birthday."

A moment later, Ellie opens her eyes and sees Yoongi watching them from just few steps away, with a fond smile on his lips.

Pulling away from the comfortable embrace, Jeongguk watches Ellie approach her brother who's quickly pulling her to his chest; however, their hug is so different than the one the youngest shared with her. Not as rushed and desperate.

"Oh, you're still alive," Ellie hears the boys tease Jeongguk.

"Don't sound so disappointed, I might think you don't like me," Jeongguk chuckles and Ellie lets go of her brother to look at the boys and see Jin hugging the youngest.

When finally all 8 of them are walking back to the room where they started the celebration earlier, Ellie is walking with her brother on the front as the rest of the boys follow them.

"How did you manage to get her here?" she hears Jeongguk ask and suddenly listens more carefully to the conversation behind them.

"Well, it was difficult, just like we expected," Jimin answers with guilt evident in his voice.

"They kidnapped me on my birthday," Ellie snaps, amusing Jeongguk as she shoots a hard stare towards Jimin.

"She's not into that stuff," he whispers to the boys with a smile.

"We already figured that out. She looked like she was about to slap me."

"Oh, believe me. She would," Jeongguk laughs and she makes sure to roll her eyes enough for him to see.

Back in the living room where they were earlier, Jin sits on the couch and the rest of them follow.

"Since it's finally all of us, it's time to open your presents!" Jimin screams and rushes over to the table where he takes all the boxes into his arms and barely makes it to the couch with all of them.

"You really didn't have to buy me anything," Ellie blushes slightly as they're all smiling at her with all the boxes on the table in front of them.

"You are right but we wanted to. Open mine first!" Jimin says excitedly and pushes the biggest box with a big pink straw on top into her hands.

"It's not Yeontan inside, right?" she asks while examining the box.

"No, hopefully," Jimin smiles after the others stop laughing.

Ellie smiles at Jeongguk who put two glasses of water in front of them and moved closer to see the present inside.

"Thanks," she mumbles when he helps her with unwrapping it.

The moment she sees the object inside the box, she covers her mouth and quickly closes the box before anyone else, especially very curious Jeongguk, can see it.