|39| - Just me messing with your mind

isn't this jeongguk in this book?

_____

It's been less than two weeks since Ellie and Jeongguk started working on her and if only Yoongi knew, he would be so proud. The girl levelled up faster than Jeongguk and Taehyung together in Overwatch. (Do you even level up in Overwatch??)

She got so much better in such a short time that she left even Jeongguk in shock but of course he'd never admit that. She was a fast learner and had talent, strength and body for any kind of physical activity. And the girl really had all premises in her. Who would say that? Jeongguk definitely would, but only to himself.

Poor man, it was hard trying not to get attached.

He was extremely strict at her, and he knew that but she already expected and was used to this from him so it usually wouldn't annoy her that much during trainings.

He was strict because he knew she was doing great and would be able to do even better. And if he knew the reason behind her sudden decision to start practising, he would be even stricter.

The two of them were going to the gym only three times a week, but they did something every single day. Running was a must do, they ran every morning, sometimes they ran in the evening too when Jeongguk stayed at home.

He was around much more often and not just Ellie but all the boys realised that too. It was very pleasant to have him around, mainly since he wasn't being as moody anymore.

This morning was the first one when Ellie woke up later than usual, surprised to not see Jeongguk standing in her room already clothed. She put on her jogging clothes and went to knock at his door.

She entered only to see Jeongguk still curled up under his sheets, chest heaving steadily. How did he look so tiny?

She was questioning whether she should wake him up or let him have some rest because she knew he came home late yesterday but decided for the first option. The fucker should have been more responsible.

She woke him up by jumping on his bed, pulling the sheets from him, a habit of them both. She thanked god he was wearing clothes after she pulled it off and pinched his cheek to fully wake him up.

"Wake up, moody ass. There ain't no rest day in this household," she raised her voice while kicking his back with her feet.

"Jeeez, go away. I have hangover," he groaned but reacted only by rolling on his stomach, clearly not impacted by her kicking.

"Jeongguk-ah get up or I'll tell Jin you payed Taehyung to wash the dishes last week."

He immediately jumped off the bed, thankfully not hitting Ellie in the process.

Blackmailing was her specialty.

So that's how Ellie, being a smart pain in the ass, woke Jeongguk up and pulled him all the way to his closet to get clothed and in a few minutes, they were already on the way to the forest, Ellie not knowing that Jeongguk decided yesterday to let her sleep for longer and skip running today.

____

Jeongguk had no idea what got into him today.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep he got tonight, or the remaining amount of alcohol in his veins but he couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

Ellie was running right next to him, feet kissing the land. Perhaps a few days ago she would have balked at idea of running so far and fast, now she relishes the prospect. Those feet were made to travel at speed and as light as the paws of a lioness. Breathing steady, heart strong - this girl was born to run.

"Are we not turning back yet?" she breathed out, realising they were at the usual place they would always turn back from.

"Tired already?" he smirked, also breathing heavier.

"Never," she spilled back. She knew she probably had enough but wasn't going to lose against Jeongguk.

"Let's go a bit farer today then," he raised an eyebrow at her, face calm and peaceful, drops of sweat rolling down his temples.

She nodded in agreement and followed his fast and stable pace without complains.

Her clothes and hair were already clung to her skin. Sweat rolled down her skin in thick, salty beads. She could feel her heart throbbing inside her chest. Her skin felt like it was roasting.

She settled to stumbling along behind him as fast as she could. Her lungs felt like they would burst, and her throat was so dry but she was no longer the type to give up.

Ellie didn't know where they were, nor did she know where they were heading. She believed Jeongguk in that. She had no idea what time it was. All she knew was she had to keep running forward, right after Jeongguk. Not stopping for anything.

Running for a bit longer, Jeongguk finally stopped in his pace. She ran to him, stopping right next to his also exhausted body. Was a pause finally allowed today?

"Yes. Yes, it is," he answered between his breaths and she wondered if she really asked that out loud.

When she looked up to check their surroundings, she saw a smaller lake right in front of them. The nature deep in the forest seemed to be untouched by human race. They sat down on the fresh green grass, shoulder to shoulder.

Jeongguk looked at the lake and if Ellie wasn't here with him, he would be swimming in it by now.

"Why did you ask me to help you so suddenly?" he asked straight-forwardly, he's been curious for too long now.

"I...I have had a nightmare. About Yoongi," she said in a shaky voice.

"Did something happen to him?" was the first what came into Jeongguk's mind, but didn't expect the answer to be...

"He-he was shot..."

Jeongguk's eyes widened.

He knew what was coming.