|52| - Closer pt.2

All alarms in her head turn on when she feels him place a soft kiss on the exposed skin of her neck. She jumps off the bed and walks somewhere to the middle of the room.

She left Jeongguk sitting on the bed alone, confused. He hoped she wouldn't react this way. He knew it was pathetic but she made him lose his common sense.

"Ellie, please come here," he begs defeatedly, watching the silhouette of her body standing in the dark.

"I don't want to play any of your games, Jeongguk," she warns him, voice strict. She wasn't sure if it would hurt Jeongguk, but it wasn't her intention. She knows he is a good man under that mask but she won't let him break her.

"I am not playing any games, Ellie. Believe me, I'd gladly get you out of my head if I knew how."

She freezes.

Ellie looks at where Jeongguk is sitting alone on the bed. She wanted to say something but her voice got caught in her throat.

"What- what are you saying?" her voice breaks, the atmosphere already getting too much to handle. She kept telling herself not to fall for Jeongguk's tricks, but will she be able to?

Why does he always have this effect on her?

She wishes she could see his expression right now, but when she slowly sits down on the bed next to him and stares at him, she sees him already staring back and it isn't really helping at all.

"The text I sent you, I meant it," his eyes don't leave her face, barely even flinching. She is too beautiful under the moonlight, he could never look away.

"I know you hate me, Ellie. And I am not blaming you for it, but I want to be here for you because Yoongi won't be able to stay, and you know it," Jeongguk's words were the only sound inside the room. She hoped he couldn't hear how fast her heart was beating at the moment.

It hurts but she knows he is right.

Does she really hate him though?

She can't tell but what she knows is that no education could ever prepare her for the storm which rushed into her life in the form of the man sitting right in front of her. Her life before used to be calm, everything was planned and safe, but now...it's just after. Nothing is planned. No one ever knows what Jeon Jeongguk will bring with himself. Her life turned upside down since the day she met him.

If she knew where their meeting would lead her, would she turn back the time and walk past? She would like to answer the question clearly, but it wasn't possible. He blinded her sight and the only thing she knew for sure, was that her life, her heart will never be the same as it used to be. Not after Jeongguk came into her life.

"I don't hate you."

"You should hate me," he says in a hoarse voice and she's slowly losing her tempter. He always lets her in and then pushes her away. It made no sense to her.

"I could never hate you."

"But I wish I could, Ellie. I wish I could hate you, but I can't..."

There was something about Jeongguk's voice. He was leading her in and she didn't even notice when she started crying. She hated herself for being so weak even in front of him, but she suddenly couldn't keep her emotions under control.

"I don't want you to hate me, Jeongguk," she looks into his eyes which are filled with sincerity as the moonlight reflects in them. Jeongguk's eyes were so beautiful like this.

"I know I am being selfish to be asking for something I don't deserve but..." he starts, eyes never leaving hers and she barely keeps breathing calmly.

It seemed like all the oxygen suddenly disappeared from the room.

And maybe it did as the last question was placed.

"Can I please kiss you?"

_____

the message jeongguk mentioned