|73| - Bet.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

Of course she overreacts but that was the only option she had. Indeed, being drunk around Jeongguk was a perfectly bad idea. As for him, her explosiveness doesn't shock him a bit.

"You know I am still looking after you," he says with dark eyes on her and she finally realises how (way too) close their bodies are and pushes his chest gently to keep the distance.

"You surely have many other girls to take care of so go check on them, I am fine here," Ellie lets the words out between her teeth and Jeongguk can't help but smirk at her jealousy.

"You are right..." he sighs. "I have another 6 kids to protect back at home but you are my favourite to take care of."

Shaking her head in disbelief, she scoffs.

"Get lost Jeon," Ellie, for real, punches his chest now but it doesn't move him a bit.

"It must be really hard," he mumbles.

"What?" she asks, Jeongguk still studying her face which has turned into a frown.

"Acting like you don't want me."

Ellie's face turns into a nice shade of pink while she tries to recover from his brave words.

"You are so full of yourself," she fights her way past Jeongguk but he only wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her back to him.

"Come on, Ell. We both know you want me. Only me," his dark eyes burn holes into hers, looking for every slight change of expression on her face.

Jeongguk knew he was right.
They both knew.

"Let's play a game," Ellie pushes his arm away from her and takes a step back from him at what he rolls his eyes and sighs.

"Fine, what game?"

She's slightly surprised he agreed so fast but he already knew there was no point at arguing with drunk Ellie.

"The one who kisses the other first, looses."

In awe, he licks his lips and stares at Ellie's sudden confidence.

"Is it this simple?"

She nods.
"Yes. This simple."

"Kiss on the lips?"

"Yes."

"Fine," he nods back and they shake hands to make the deal official.

Jeongguk finally lets her rush off to her friends and watches after her with a smirk playing on his lips.

There's no way he's losing this game.

________

An hour later

"Where are you?" he tries to keep his voice down when Ellie finally picks the phone.

"In a car, going to that house party."

"Why the hell would you go there?"

"Because everyone's going there. The club is no fun," she speaks through the phone but the other voice in the background catches Jeongguk's attention.

"Who's that there with you?"

For a moment, Ellie stays quiet.

"Umm...Steven."

Jeongguk needs to take a deep breath, processing the news so he doesn't say something he'll regret.

She has to be fucking kidding him.