|86| - Gone.

listen to the inserted song.

_________

"Whoever it was, they weren't coming for you. They were coming for Jeongguk."

_________

It was him. Jeongguk was the target.

Hoseok left to help Yoongi with fixing Jeongguk's car while he's still gone.

Ellie knew something was off straight away when she saw him leaving. Something must have happened; she could feel it. She knew him more than he thought, much deeper under the surface. The worst thing about Jeongguk was his own self. He was completely fearless, almost.

Jeon Jeongguk was his own fear.

_________

The city lights flash through the window in front of his eyes. His friend who's at the driver's seat is driving at an incredible pace but none of the police cars are after them since they could clearly read the car's evidential number. They would never try to limit one of Min's cars.

The mission was successful thanks to what all the shooters are currently in a cheerful mood, except for Jeongguk. He needs to stop this; needs to stop pushing her away just to protect her. He won't be able to protect her if he keeps trying to keep her away.

Pulling his phone out of the pockets of his jeans, he thinks of the right words to say.

He sends one, then another text.

She doesn't reply.

Sighing and resting his head on the window, Jeongguk continues thinking of the girl who seems to be the only thing that keeps him sane in this crazy world all around him.

__________

It's blank dark outside when a group of the best snipers celebrates their successful day in a bar they found on their way back home. Jeongguk's much less talkative than usual but no one dares to bring it up. They may all be friends, and Jeongguk most certainly is the one they not just would but already have and will continue to kill for if needed, but everyone in the gang knew Jeongguk wasn't very open person when it came to his feelings or personal life.

Everything has its borders and with Jeongguk, you have to be especially careful not to cross them. Everyone from the gang knows where he came from and things he had to do to survive; his dark history impossible to be erased.

He's sitting silently when his phone vibrates, signalising he got a new message.

'Get back to the warehouse as soon as possible. Be safe.'
-  Yoongi hyung

"Let's get going everyone," Jeongguk calls out and right after him, the rest of the men stood up and walk outside, following their leader.

_________

Jeongguk wanted to head straight to Ellie's room to apologise for being such a dick but Namjoon met him at the entrance hall and already dragged him to the meeting room where the rest of the 7 were waiting for his arrival. As he was following his hyung, he couldn't get the thought of finally having his girl in his arms out of his head.

Once the two men enter the room, everyone except for Yoongi raise their heads to look at them. Jeongguk straight away knows something's wrong by the way Yoongi's trying to avoid his eyes.

"What happened?" the youngest asks but receives no answer.

"Sit down, Gguk," Jin orders him, still no words coming out of the leader whose face is facing the table underneath him.