|79| - wtf is a kid

_______

_______

"It's Jeongguk."

"Of course it is," Nancy chuckles, watching Ellie rush over to the door when it rang.

"Will you ever listen to me when I say you are not invited?" Ellie teases the man who's standing outside her best friend's apartment.

"Nope," he says, already rushing past her to the living room where Nancy's looking for some dress on the internet.

"Hi," he waves at her before jumping on her couch.

"Excuse him, I tried to stop him," Ellie apologises to her best friend once she joins them in the living room.

"You haven't. Who's that?!" his face is terrified, and Ellie swears he looked like he was just about to scream if he wasn't around two women right now.

His wide eyes are pointed at a little boy who just entered the room after Ellie.

"This is Toby. He is Nancy's neighbour."

"Get him away from you," Jeongguk glares with a disgusted grimace on his face.

"Don't be rude," she scolds Jeongguk. "Go tell Jeongguk hello," Ellie knees down as she talks to the child sweetly.

Ellie watches Jeongguk's worried eyes scan the boy who's calmly walking to him.

"Hello, I am Toby," the boy introduces himself in a tiny voice but after seconds of staring, Jeongguk only shifts away from him.

"Uhm...hi," his voice comes out much softer and Ellie can't help but giggle at how flustered Jeongguk is just because of a child.

The two women get back to work and Jeongguk can finally breath again when the boy runs to other room. Pulling his phone out, from time to time, he steals glances at Ellie who's fully focused on the laptop screen while discussing dress with Nancy. She catches his eyes on her from the opposite side of the couch and brushes it away with a smile. 

"Do you have any games?" Jeongguk almost jumps from the couch when he hears the child's voice right from behind him.

"I don't. Leave me alone."

"Jeongguk!" Ellie shouts.

"What?!" he raises his voice but immediately apologises once he sees her scolding eyes on him.

"You have plenty of games. Let him borrow your phone for a while."

Fuming, he finally hands his phone to the boy who quickly takes it and jumps to the couch right next to Jeongguk.

"Thank you!" the little boy jumps in excitement.

"I will be in the kitchen," sighing, he walks away.

"Who'd say he's scared of kids out of all the things," Nancy says, making Ellie laugh before they both focus on the screen again.

After a minute, Toby jumps down from the couch, Jeongguk's dark eyes watching from the kitchen as he rushes his short legs towards his girl and points at the crossy road app.