[15]

"Elizabeth Cooper, get your ass out of the fucking bed or I am gonna throw my sandal on you," a loud voice, which seemed like a siren, woke Ellie up and brought her to the real world.

"Really, Nancy? Do you know what time it is?" Ellie groaned as she saw her best friend and put a pillow on her head to cover her ears.

"Yes, time to wake up. You girl have some explaining to do."

•••

"So first of all, what is he doing here?"
Nancy who was already standing at the door of the living room, waiting for Ellie to get up from her bed, pointed at Jeongguk who was chilling on the couch.

"I am Jeon Jeongguk, nice to finally meet the roomie." He stood up and shook his hand with Nancy's. On the other side Ellie rolled her eyes at his suddenly kind behaviour.

"I would like to stay longer but I have some work that needs to be finished. See you later, Ellie," he said with a sweet voice.
He may have fooled her best friend but Ellie knew him well enough to see the devil inside the man.

This wasn't over.

The two girls watched Jeongguk as he put on his shoes and left the apartment.

"Explain, now." Nancy turned around to look at Ellie with a strict expression.

•••

"What you are trying to tell is that he's a random businessman who you just met in a bar and stayed here because he locked himself out of his apartment?" Nancy concluded the whole talk between her and Ellie, trying to understand the whole thing.

"Exactly," Ellie nodded.

She may have lied a bit, but it was easier than telling her best friend that the man who just spent the night in their apartment was a member of her brother's gang. Or that she even has a brother after all.

She really wanted to tell her, but she knew it'd be better if she asked Yoongi first. So she chose to be a good girl for once.

"Then why did he say that he was waiting for that hoe who's living with me?"

"Of course he did." Ellie rolled her eyes at what seemed like something Jeongguk would definitely say.
"We kind of had an argument yesterday. So that's why," was the best thing she could make up.

"...Okay. But he's hot. You should consider him as an option."

"Yes, a hot asshole." Ellie sighed and shifted to more comfortable position on the couch.

"Just like all men. Anyways, I talked to Steve this morning."

Ellie's body tensed as she was reminded of yesterday's situation. She totally forgot she should explain it to him.

"He didn't look very happy. Was the date that bad?" Nancy's face didn't seem as bright as before. Seeing her good friend upset made her feel sorry for him.

"It wasn't a date..." already blushing Ellie tried to deny it, as if it wasn't her best friend who she's been talking to.

"It clearly was to him though. He wanted to kiss you."

The words were like a bullet to Ellie, bringing the realisation to her as it hit her ears.

Ellie wasn't very experienced in these things, but what she knew was that the boy she considered as her best friend tried to kiss her, which means that he most likely was out of his mind or simply attracted to her.

She wished it was the first option.

"I should text him."

•••