~Chapter One~

I never would've thought this moment would come. For almost eight months I had been anxiously waiting for the day I come back to Korea. I had been working at the music company in Los Angeles to earn some money to save for my permanent stay back in Korea with my husband and the members. It wasn't long ago when I had reconciled with my husband, Hoseok after being away from him for seven months. Well actually it's been almost five months since I last seen him and I missed him every single day.

 There was also not a day when I haven't thought about the whole situation with the divorced that I thought Hobi had signed. All those pain filled months made me realize how strong our love was. A love that no one else can break. Even at this very moment I can't stop thinking about the heartache that Taehyung had to endure once again. I also regret ever having that passionate affair with him when the whole time he was doing it because of a past lover that he couldn't get over. I still don't blame him though.  It's not that didn't love him, of course he had always had my support but there was something about him that made me feel sorry for him. I wanted him to know that I did love him but not in a romantic way as I thought I did. However I was glad that him and Hobi had rekindled their friendship and found a way to forgive each other.

I'm sitting at one of the lounge tables in the breakroom, drinking my hot tea I had got from Starbucks when my manager had come in and decided to have a chat with me. She sits across from me with a cup in her hand and a warmed up breakfast sandwich from the cafe downstairs. She happily takes out her sandwich and places it on a small plastic plate, smiling at me as she takes her first bite. I smile back at her and focused my attention on my phone. I was in the middle of texting Hobi and my lips formed a smile when another texts pops up on my screen.

"I can't wait to see you my love! I hope you're having a great day. Love and miss you"❤️

I text back a reply

"Love and miss you too!❤️ Just one more week until I'm finally in Korea! Thanks honey. Don't work too hard"

"One week seems like forever but for you I'm willing to wait. Don't worry I won't this time!❤️ 

I turn off my phone and place it in my purse and continued drinking my tea that had turned lukewarm. Even after a simple text like this I couldn't stop myself from smiling. My smiling made it obvious to my manager that I was really looking forward to seeing my husband again. But at the same time it would be bittersweet knowing that my time here was nearing. 

My manager, Amy, chews and gulps down the last few bites of her lunch, wipes her hands with a napkin and places both her elbows on the table, resting her chin on the palm of her hands"I see you're excited to go back to Korea. It's been months since you've reunited with your husband." She says with a small smile on her face.

I blush at her due to getting caught day dreaming about the previous texts "Uh- Yes I am. He's been calling me and texting me everyday since he left for the Asia Tour" I placed my cup on the table, and focused my attention to my manager "I'm excited to go back after so long. It's almost like I never was there."

Amy tilts her head to the side, glancing at me with a sweet smile" We're gonna miss you being around here" She pouts a little.

I slouched in my seat "I know. It hurts me to leave this place. I actually liked working here" 

She lets out an aspirated sigh. "How are things with you and your husband? Are you two starting to adjust to the way things were?" 

I sigh deeply, grabbing my empty cup, and twirl it around with the tips of my fingers "It's taking some time. I know things will not go back to the way things were before...but starting over will benefit us. I just have a lot of worries about going back though"

"Hmm. Listen. I know being married takes a lot of hard work but you have to realize that not every marriage flows the same way. Korea is like any other place that have flaws. No place is perfect for a perfect and long lasting marriage."

I straighten myself up on my seat properly, folding my hands on the table "Yeah I understand that. Being married to a well know Kpop artist can sometimes be scary. Some people are just as vile when it comes to their obsessions with human beings. Why do you think I worry so much about going back to Korea sometimes?" 

Amy gets up from her seat, walks around to my side and takes a seat next to me. She places an arm around my shoulder to comfort me "Don't over analyze everything! I know there are many things that you regret doing, especially things involving Taehyung. I know there are things that he still regret doing to when you needed him most. Don't forget that you two are young and have only been married for almost four years now. That's still a short time. It's not enough to gain or understand how a marriage works!" She pats my shoulder gently and then rubs it with her thumb "But I know you can get through this. Things will work out and as promised I wont tell anyone about your marriage with Hoseok"

I lean against her shoulder now feeling content with her words. Her advice never failed to to lift my spirit. Just like working at Big Hit, it felt like we were all family. everyone treated each other with respect and didn't treat me any different. Although I was really happy to go back there was this gut wrenching feeling in my stomach that made me feel unsure. When I left Korea, I had suffered from severe homesickness and didn't know how to cope with my "divorce". It was only when Taehyung had came along that he temporarily filled the void in my life. It wasn't something I asked for but he did it for me anyway. Those months me and Taeyung spent together made me feel like I could actually be loved again and forgive Hobi and move on.

 Those days when I hoped he didn't sign the divorce papers, I just wanted to cry out and ask why I did such a stupid thing. Back when I thought he and Alex were together, I tried so hard to forget him but my heart never wanted to stop beating for him. PD-nim was right all along and I failed to stop or even refused to stay and listen. But now I know what to do now to properly communicate in our marraige.

"Are you gonna cry Y/N? I just got this shirt yesterday so please don't" She teases.

"No. I'm not" I chuckle. She unwraps her arms around me and gets up from her seat to toss away any garbage she had left on the table. She comes back again only this time stands a few inches behind me "But thank you for everything" I soon get up from my seat turning my body to face hers. "I'm gonna miss everyone but I'll be sure to keep in touch with everyone!" I stammer with my words, trying to prevent myself from crying.

"You're welcome Y/N. And I wish you the best of luck!" She opens up her arms and give me a tight embrace. After  couple of seconds we both let go of each other.

"Can't believe it's my last day here but I made it worth it" I say wiping away a single tear from my eyes.

"Yeah. I guess this is good bye then."

I made my way to the door of the lounge "Yeah. I'll take my leave then" I give her one last good bye. This time I saw tears falling from her eyes. She quickly wiped them away with a piece of tissue before smiling back. I nod my head and exit the room and made my way out of the building and straight to the outside parking lot to my car. 

I got in and put on my seat belt, which then afterwards checked my mirrors before starting the engine. It took me a couple of seconds to get myself together and made my way home. 

***

I arrived home after the fifteen minute drive and got out of the car and quickly went into the apartment to finish packing any remaining belongings. This whole process took me nearly three weeks to do but I was almost finished, thankfully. The only remaining things to pack were some  paper work, that I had left on the corner of the wall next to my futon bed. Everything else such as my tv, bed and furniture we all taken to donations. I crawl to the the corner and skimmed all through the paper until a shiny back phone had caught my attention. It was my old phone I had when Taehyung has sent me a pic the divorce papers he had forged his signature on and Hobi's 100 plus texts and voice messages of apologies. 

My hurt stung as I held onto this phone but I wasn't going to let a past like this keep me from starting a new life with my husband again.