~Chapter Thirty

(Taehyung's POV Past continued)

I was the last person to move into Big Hit and I was kept a secret from the fans for a while. Before I started my journey at Big Hit my grandmother had prepared a big celebratory meal for me. My parents and older brother had came to visit to celebrate. It was supposed to be my happiest moment I wanted to share with Jisu as well but l knowing what happened I just stayed quiet. My parents already knew about my relationship with Jisu and had very similar opinions about her. They also said Jisu was never a good girl to begin with and that her beauty took advantage of me. I didn't try to argue or fight back this time because I finally realize that this was all true. 

It was my last day at my hometown and had my suitcases, phone and other necessities with me. There still other items that I just couldn't leave behind or throw away but there was one item I refused to let go; the purple bracelet. I said my goodbyes to my family and went on my short travel to Seoul. It was my first time traveling alone but my family made sure that I was equipt and ready for it. I was dropped off at the bus station at around 3:30 in the afternoon and I met with one of the staff members to take me to the dorms. He was tall, with glasses, glossy black hair and a bit chubby with a few muscles in several parts of his body.

I bowed to the older gentlemen "Nice to meet you. You must be manager Sejin, right?" My voice cracked due to my nervousness and I rubbed my sweaty palms nervously on my jeans.

He doesn't seem the type to smile much but he did offer me a light pat on the shoulder. "Don't be nervous, kid. You'll be fine"

Kid? I snort to myself. A word I'm always called. A reminder of being ridiculed and taunted by my high school enemy, who is now the wife of my childhood best friend Hyungsik. It was a reminder of how Jisu and her parents used to call me a "boy" for chasing after a dream that meant nothing to them. 

Sejin leads me to a black van and helps me put my things in the trunk. He then takes me to a medium sized beige and white building with five floors. It wasn't old but it wasn't new either. The building was quite clean and well kept but needed a few adjustments such as fixing a few cracks on the floor, and fixing a medium size hole on the hallway ceiling. But other than that, the building itself didn't look to bad. He opens the door to the dorm where I'm met with the smell of spicy ramen on the stove top in the kitchen around the corner and another tall figure at a small table in the center of what looked like both a living room and dining room. He was a lot smaller than manager Seijin and built like one of those slinky toys you had as a kid. He was on the table slurping on some pipping hot ramen and reading something off his phone. He stops for a moment and slurps on the last noodle in his mouth and sets the pair of chopsticks down on his bowl before he gets up to greet me. He was almost as tall as the ceiling or was it the dorm just really small.

He wipes his mouth with a small napkin he had picked out from his pocket "You must be Taehyung." His lips curving into a friendly smile, dimples showing in his cheeks. 

Sejin enters the dorm and places my things at the side of the door and closes it behind us. He stands a few inches behind me  and catches his breath for a brief moment " This is Namjoon, Taehyung" He looks toward Namjoon who gives him a welcoming smile. "He's the last member to join the team."

I bow to Namjoon "Nice to meet you, Namjoon." I bring myself back up and fix my hair just a little.

"Nice to meet you as well" He says in a heavy Gyeonggi  dialect. His voice was a lot deeper than I expected. "You have a deep voice for someone who is 18" He laughs with a hint of amusement.

Namjoon read my mind. Which was surprising. I scratch my head nervously at the compliment. Or was it a compliment?

"I get that a lot." I chuckle "I can same for you, honestly." I gasp a little realizing what I had said to him and hope it didn't come out as offensive. So I offered him an apology "Sorry. I hope that didn't offend you, Namjoon-ssi"