~Chapter Nineteen~

"Damn it!" I banged my head against my laptop once again. One week had passed and not a single damn company had contacted me. So far I've had one interview and nothing has happened. I was starting to lose track of how many companies and banks I've applied. At this point I though about just giving up for good.

"Jagi, calm down" Hobi pats me in the back and kisses my cheek. It was Monday morning and I was in the dining room. Hobi and the members had to go to practice for a performance that was coming up in just a few weeks. 

"I'm trying but how can I?" I grabbed a bundle of my hair and was ready to just yank at it "I could pull out my fucking hair right now!"

He grabs my hands from out of my hair and places them gently on the table "Calm down, honey. This takes time. Just try to relax a bit. You've been at it since last night. You need to rest"

I plopped my head on the table, ready to ball my eyes out. "I'm this close to losing it. For several months I've been applying my ass off and nothing! Just nothing!" My lips were quivering at this moment and tears were streaming out of my eyes. 

Hobi hunches over and hugs me from behind "Aww no, don't cry! I can't leave seeing you like this!"

"I see no point in trying anymore. I'm exhausted" I sobbed my face still buried on the table

"Y/n look at me" He pleads against my ears

I lift my head up, tears still rolling down my heated face. He wipes away the tears with his fingers gently and pecks me on the nose. He make a heart out of his hands and looks through them. He winks at me and a shows me the biggest grin and cheerfully says "I'm your Hope. Your my Hope!" 

I sniffled at small chuckle, wiping away the remaining tears. I small smile crept on my face once puffs out his cheeks and pouts his lips. There was no way I could resist his cute gesture and it never failed to make me smile and feel better. 

He lowers himself to my level "You're smiling!" 

"Thank you, Hobi. I feel a little better now"

"Please keep that smile for me while I'm gone. I want to see it when I come back, whether it's good news or bad news, okay?" He says. He grabs his stuff and meets with the rest of the group and leave the house. 

I took a sip of my untouched and now cold tea and placed it back on the table. My fingers scroll through all the emails, rejection emails and confirmation emails. My fingers were cramping and my eyes could give out just from the lack of sleep for the past week. About two hours passed and I was about to slam my laptop shut when an email from JY J appeared. With no hesitation I clicked on it and read it with anticipation. 

"Hello Y/N. I'm Min Hyungsik from JYJ. Thank you for your interests as an accountant for our company! I looked over your resume and you seem to fit the qualifications that we're looking for. I would like to have an interview with you at 12 this afternoon.  Would you be interested?

immediately replied, telling him I would be interested.  A few minutes later he responds

"Great! Look forward to meeting you. See you this afternoon"

I jumped out of my seat, slammed my laptop close and ran upstairs to the room to find an outfit to wear for the interview.  "Please let this be the one!" I prayed. After fifteen minutes of fixing up I had 45 minutes until my interview. I had a quick bite to eat and head out for the interview. I went into the building and walked to a representative to check myself in. I was instructed to go to the second floor and wait in the waiting room. A few minutes later a tall man dressed in a black and white suit and leather shoes, appeared and held out his hand. 

"You must be Y/N" He extends his hand. 

I stood up and shook his hand "Yes I am. You must be Min Hyungsik. Nice to meet you" I smiled

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. Please follow me" He motions me to the second door on the right

Again I prayed to myself "Let this be a miracle!" 

***

"I GOT THE JOB!!!" I screamed on the phone as I jumped up and down the kitchen

"Congrats jagiya!! I knew something good will pop up!"  Hobi yells through the phone. 

"I'm in such a state of shock! Finally! I start next week!" 

"Yeah congrats Y/N! But could you stop being so loud! I'm trying to take a nap!" Yoongi yells from the living room. I simply shook my head and presumed with the conversation. "Now I can relax for a week. Thanks for the support, Hobi" 

"You know I'll always support you, love. Namjoon and I will be home soon and we're bringing dinner tonight. See you soon!" 

"See you soon!" I hung up

"Congrats, noona" Said a voice coming from behind me. I turn around to see Taehyung leaning against the wall, arms folded, with a soft grin. 

Leaning my back against the counter I replied "Thank you! I didn't give up, like you said" 

He lifts himself off the wall making small strides towards me "I'm glad you didn't." He stops abruptly in front of me. "You're the reason why I haven't given up." His voices lowers

"Me? Given up on what?" I asked curiously

His eyes were like glue. His gaze was strong and soft at the same time. His mouth was parted but no words were said from him. I couldn't tell what he was thinking and it made me a bit nervous. He sighs suddenly. An aspirated chuckle escaped his lips and he bites them instinctively and looks down. He brushes his hair back and looks up at me only this time with his signature boxy like grin. "Given up on love, noona"

I slowly move away from the spot I was in just a little. I rubbed my arms as anxiety grew. "You mean self love? That's something you should never give up on" Trying to sound less anxious. 

"I know what you mean but I'm not talking about that" His voice deepens and his eyes trails back to me. He leans is one elbow on the counter "I'm talking about true love" 

"Oh...each person will find their true love. Whether it's true love within themselves, friends." 

Taehyung bites his lower lip and rests his chin on the knuckle of his hand " Hmm. I know I'll find it again. Just like how I thought I found you" 

My heart stopped at those words. It felt like something stabbed me in the heart. Did he mean in it a bad way? What is he saying? 

"I don't mean it in a bad way at all." He chuckles "You gave me strength to move on so I can go on and find true love, noona." He lifts his elbow off the counter and gives me one last smile "Go get some rest. You deserve it"He gives me a quick hug and walks out the kitchen. 

I hunch over the large counter top and sigh to myself.  It's been one hell of a week. I'm just glad I finally have employment after so long.

I'm getting ready start a brand new journey...