Chapter Six

The bright sun had shown through the curtains of the bedroom. My eye were closed but I could feel the sun's bright light penetrate through my eyes, causing them to flutter open. I felt a presence beside me and turn around to see a sleeping Hoseok on my side. I could hear his light breathing as he slept. He looked so delicate and soft whenever he slept. At times it was hard not to wake him up because of how cute he looked. 

I sat myself up on the bed and stretched out my whole entire body, moving my head from side to side to ease the small tension on my neck. I felt much better finally sleeping on a bed after sitting for hours on my 18 hour flight from Los Angeles to Seoul. My back didn't feel like it was going to give out and it didn't feel like all my blood circulation was going to cut off it I stood up. I look at back at my sleeping husband, touching and caressing his forehead as he slept peacefully. It was around 8 am and my stomach growled like crazy and need something warm to drink to start my day. 

I slowly crept out of the bed careful not to wake him and quickly brushed my teeth, tip toed my was out of the bathroom and  bedroom and down the stairs to the kitchen. Once I reached the last step of the stairs, I noticed how quiet the house was. I almost forgot that the rest had left for rehearsals. Which made me wonder why Hobi was at home today. I figured he had already did what he needed to do yesterday and decided to stay home for a bit. I walked the long narrow hall leading to the open entrance of the giant kitchen. I haven't had a good breakfast in a while so I decided to make something simple and fulfilling for Hoseok and I; scrambled eggs, whole wheat pancakes, turkey sausages and some store bought kimchi. 

I opened up the bottom cabinet and took out a small mixing bowl, a small pot and two small frying pans and set them on the burner. I flinched a little at the sound of the metal hitting the burner, worried that I had made too much noise. Next I took out a box of premade whole wheat pancake mix and two honey ginger tea bags and two mugs and set them on the marbled counter. Lastly, I took out a cartoon of soy milk, some eggs and a pack of turkey sausages out of the fridge and set them on the counter. I mixed in the right amount of milk into the pancake mix and mixed them together until all the lumps were nearly visible but smooth against the spatula. I turned on the burners and poured some water to the pot to start boiling, sprayed a generous amount of cooking spray on both pans and started frying four sausage links and poured a laddle of the pancake mix to the pan. The water had come to a boil and I poured an equal amount of water to both mugs and let the tea steep for five minutes. The kitchen was starting to perfume the entire room and I knew that the smell would eventually wake Hobi up.

After making the last two pancakes and I got started the eggs. I cracked at least six of them, mixing them in a bowl until smooth and sprayed some cooking spray on the pan and turned on the burner. I poured the mixture in watching the eggs curdle on the sides and started making figure eights on the pan. I felt a pair of hands hug my waist. I flinched a little at the sudden touch but calmed down afterwards, feeling Hoseok rest his chin on my left shoulder. 

"Good morning my love. Don't worry I brushed my teeth" He chuckles, pecking me on the cheek. "Aww! I was gonna cook for you!" He pouts

I turned my neck just a little to give him a peck on his soft cheek. "You looked so peaceful and I didn't want to wake you up. Anyways I missed cooking for you. Why aren't you with the rest of the members for rehearsals today?"

"I sure did miss your cooking. I told PD-nim that I wanted to spend the day with you so he let me have time off" Nuzzling his nose further into my neck, humming sweetly against my neck. "It smells good in here. The smell woke me up"

"Really? I'm surprised he let you" Scraping the eggs off the corners of the pan "I knew it would wake you up. I'm almost done making the eggs and I have tea that's ready for you. I didn't add any sweeteners in it yet. Sorry" Sounding a bit guilty