~Chapter Fifty Three~

Another two weeks has passed since my promotion and Taehyung's proposal. Everyone in the house were rather quiet about Taehyung's engagement, except for Taehyung off course. Taehyung's been prancing around showing everyone what type of suit he wants to wear and what hair style he wanted for the wedding. Me and the girls from the group were her brides maids, which was announced five days ago. Not only that, we all had to buy dresses and heels to matches the wedding theme in such a short time. So far Jisu has been keeping tabs on the wedding such planning on where and when to buying her wedding dress and showing me pictures of wedding hairstyles and jewelry she found on Instagram. But there were some things that we haven't heard such as when and where the wedding will be held. 

Things have started to change drastically. My workload has either decreased or increased in some instances, having to cover several task due to some of the staff calling out sick, and other's attitudes have stared to change. Ever since that day, Hyungsik has kept himself in the office for most of the day doing who knows what but from what I see, he has not been a pleasant mood. I had stopped by his office to see about the accounts, that he's been working on, were ready for the week. He was slouched over his desk, his face flushed and emotionless, as he held his phone in his hand.

I walked over to his desk but he didn't seem to notice my presence, so I clear my throat in hopes to get his attention. He doesn't lift his head not one bit so I walk closer and tap him on the shoulder several times. He sighs and straightens himself in a proper seating position, finally giving me some form of eye contact. His eyes were puffy, red and dry.

"Are you alright?"

He rubs his eyes and groans "I've just been so stressed out. Haven't had a descent night's sleep ever since two weeks ago."

"Have you been working over time lately? Are your wife and baby okay?"

"They're fine. No I haven't been working overtime but...ever since Taehyung unexpectedly proposed to Jisu I just been having a hard time coping with it. "He sighs in a dreadful manner. He puts his phone in his back pocket "Just got off the phone with him. All he's been talking about is how excited he is to finally getting married....He just started dating her again, when just years ago she left him for another man. In less than a month he, out of the damn blue, decides to want to marry her?"

Hyungsik was right. Taehyung and Jisu getting back together after all the hurt she put him through, was way too soon and really out of nowhere. But the way he's been acting, even before he found out about Jisu, was nothing but strange. It was like he was giving me mixed signals. I was never sure if he still had deep feelings for Jisu or for me but even to the way he would look at me, talk to me, was like I was still his former lover. My mind would bounce in complicated and complex directions that it was hard to even come to a solid conclusion of what Taehyung was truly feeling. And because of that he's been appearing in my dreams again. Dreams about our hidden affair and how I felt almost manipulated to believing that I was no longer in love with my husband. It's giving me unnecessary headaches.

I looked at him feeling quite sorry to see him in such a state. He really cares for his best friend and in no way wants to see him get hurt again.

"It's a little overwhelming for most of us, Hyungsik. I'm afraid there's not much we can do other than be happy for him. He's a grown man who can handle things on his own but he has family and friends, like you and I, who can help when he needs it"

I can see a small smile curve on his face but then turns into a frown. "Umm Y/N...You know that journal, well Taehyung's journal, I was trying to tell you about sometime ago?"

"Hmm, I think I remember you mentioning that. Yeah what about it?"

"That journal...he wrote some things that was really...detailed...." He scratches his head as he struggle to come up with the right words "I don't know what words to put it"