~Chapter Thirty Nine~

It was already getting late. It was almost midnight to be exact and I had just made dinner for the Hobi and the members to have before I went off to go to bed for the night. I spent most of the day cleaning, reading, surfing the internet, playing games on my phone, sat in large patio to get some air, and enjoyed a nice soothing bath before I got started on making dinner. Hobi had texted me about an hour ago telling me that they were gonna be home soon and that he brought me a slice of chocolate hazelnut cake. All that's needed to be done was turn the rice cooker off, put the side dishes and entree in serving bowls and leave them there until they got home.

I went upstairs and got in the bed and continued to read until I Hobi and the rest got home. I had already ate so I wanted them to eat without me, which I didn't mind. I laid on the bed comfortable and snuggled up enjoying the read until I heard the door creak open and the familiar bubbly face had appeared. 

"Ah. You're still awake, jagi?" He walks over and plants a tender kiss on my forehead "I thought you'd be sleep by now."

I close the book and put it on the dresser near me "Not yet. I couldn't sleep until I know you guys had gotten home." I return the kiss on his lips and sink back into the bed "Dinner is on the table." 

"I know. I smelled it as soon as we opened the door." He grins "Thanks honey. "He says sweetly. Hobi takes off his jacket and heads into the closet to pick out something loose and comfortable to wear. He walks out with the clothes and heads towards the bathroom. "We had a rough day today. It was hectic"

"Aww I'm sorry, Hobi. I hope you guys will get the rest you need soon"

"I hope so" He walks into the bathroom, leaving the door open. I can hear him turn the sin on and splash his face with water. "How was your day off, jagi?"

"It was alright...My manager had called earlier. For a moment I though he was gonna ask me to come in today." I chuckled "But he called because he wanted to talk to me about..." 

He gurgles and spits into the sink and rinses it clean and wipes his face with a towel. "Talk about what?" 

"About...about...that woman...the one that wants to get back with Taehyung. He told me not to befriend her"

He grunts a little as he pulls up his black pajama pants "Jagiya, don't worry too much about it." He grabs his shirt and pulls it over him. He checks himself a bit before leaving the bathroom and turns off the light and exist the bathroom. "Besides she should be more worried about her debut than about Taehyung."

I fold my arms and pout "How can I not worry about it? It's not my fault that I got hired at a company and didn't know she would show up. It's not my fault I told her I would be glad to have coffee with her and talk sometime. Hell, he told me that Jisu might be up to something. That she'll somehow sabotage Taehyung's, BTS and my company's reputation."

Hobi walks over and kneels in front of me and takes me hand in his "Stop worrying so much about this, jagiya! You know Big Hit will take any legal action if she dares try to do anything to us. I'll do anything to protect you if she tries to hurt you and you know that. Just...try not think about it so much, okay?"

"But what if she's not how Hyungsik portrays to be? Maybe she really is sorry for what she did...I'm so conflicted."

He holds my hand firmly, looking me deep in the eyes "Jagiya. Like I said, please don't worry too much about it. If it turns out that she's harmless than maybe you can befriend her but I wouldn't go as far as to help her to get to Taehyung. That's a different thing" He lifts himself up and pecks me tenderly on the lips "Relax, jagiya" 

"You're right." I smile at him softly "Sorry for bringing this up."

"Don't be" He says walking over to the door "You're like this cause you haven't had your chocolate cake I bought you yet"