~Chapter Forty Two~

It was early afternoon during my shift and I had just finished some paper work for another new recruit. I was growing tired and it was not because I had lunch about an hour ago but because I had a hard time sleeping last night. That dream I had was haunting me ever since no matter how sweet and tender Hoseok was when cuddling and comforting me. I hadn't told him about the dream though. I didn't want to cause any misunderstandings or conflicts, so I told him that it was my anxiety from work was what probably contributing to my nightmares. But they were nothing too serious. I spent the morning secretly coming up with a plan to get Taehyung and Jisu to meet but nothing has come up so far. I guess my lack of sleep was really not doing my justice.

I was on my way to drop off some paperwork, or should I say paychecks, so that one of the staff members could give them to the new girl group, that Jisu had been recruited. I dropped off the paperwork at another office, greeted the staff and left to go back to finish the rest of my work. I sat back down at my desk and got on the computer when Hyungsik enters the office, frustrated and irritated as ever, and hands me a cup off coffee. 

I look at the cup of coffee and then back to Hyungsik with a confusing look "What's this?"

"I noticed you were nodding off a bit earlier so I grabbed a cup for you. You look tired"

"Oh" I chuckle, taking the cup of coffee and taking a sip "Thanks. I haven't slept well last night"

"I can see that" He chuckles and walks over to his desk and takes a seat. He lifts a thermo cup to his lips and sips whatever contents were in it "Work anxiety?"

"You can say that but there's a bit more to it...it's...complicated" I shrug, putting the cup down and sliding it towards one of my picture frames

"Is Jisu causing you problems? Is she being overbearing as usual?" He rolls his eyes at the name. He was purely disgusted by that woman.

"Hmm so far no. Luckily I haven't bumped into her all day but I shouldn't have said that now. I think I probably jinxed it" 

He hums with amusement and sets his thermo down and is now typing away at his computer "You only have about another hour or so until you finish. You probably have a good chance of not seeing her before you leave"

"I hope so. For all I know she'll be in the practice room all day. That dance trainer is no joke. She's brutal. Mess up a step and you're not leaving until it's perfect" I said tiredly. Suddenly a mental light bulb pops up in my head. That maybe I or Hyungsik can text Taehyung and have him come here to see Hyungsik, after getting of work. Then I can text or call Jisu to come meet me at the lobby and have them meet there. Seems like a perfect idea "Hey Hyungsik"

"Yeah" He answers, eyes still glued to the screen

"It's been a long time since you've seen Taehyung. How about you text him and ask him to visit?"

"Hmm" He says with a genuine smile "Yeah it's been a while but I doubt he can. I'm sure he's very busy these days so I doubt he has time. I mean you probably know that since you all live together, right?"

Just when I thought I actually come up with a descent plan, it suddenly plays a devilish trick on me. I felt like an idiot now. Of course Hyungsik would know that Taehyung is busy, it's BTS for crying out loud!

"Oh...you're right." I chuckle nervously. My cheeks started to heat up with embarrassment "Maybe next time I can ask when they're not too busy then"

"That'll be great." He agrees.

That plan had failed so I'm left to focus on the rest of my work. 

My shift had come to an end. I get my things, clean up my desk, said my goodbyes to Hyungsik and the staff and head to the lobby. I was feeling groggy and weak but mostly hungry because I only finished half my lunch. I still had a bit left over so all I needed to do was heat it up, eat and call it a night. I had forgotten that I woke up a little late and had no time to drive so I asked one of Hobi's managers to drive me to work. Hobi begged me to let him drive me to work but I told him no and that he and the members needed to get to rehearsals on time. Assuming that Hobi and the rest were still busy I was gonna walk a few block to catch an Uber or a Lyft to take me home. I was just inches away from the lobby exit when the door opens and my eyes meet someone wearing a pair of black leather ankle Gucci shoes. My eyes trail up to the honey kissed male figure, wearing a light blue jacket, black jeans and blonde hair. His lips curve into a delicate smile as our eyes lock with one another.