~Chapter Forty Seven~

It's been two weeks since Taehyung had returned home and things were slowly going back to normal. But there were a few things I've noticed about him. He had gotten a little quieter and spending more hours working alone. Not only that he's been spending most of the time in his mini studio in the house and had rarely come out to eat with us. I wouldn't necessarily consider it a bad thing but still it was something that me and the rest of the members were not used to. I was hoping seeing Jisu so suddenly didn't cause him to be this way. I'm even surprised that I haven't bumped into her again after that incident.

The day at JYJ is crazy as usual, running up and down each floor trying to run errands. My calves and legs felt like I dipped them in hot frying oil by the time I was able to sit back down to finish my work. My legs felt like jelly, my feet were throbbing, and my arms were sore from carrying so much stuff all day. Working here was like going to the gym and whether the elevator worked or not I had no choice but to run up and down the stairs.

Just when I thought I could relax and work in my seat, Hyungsik enters the office, panting and sweating from running around all day too, hurriedly approaches my desk. With his hand clutching onto his chest as he tries to catch his breath, he finally says "Y/N I know this isn't part of your job title but the staff needs an extra hand with the new girl group for the next couple of months."

I raise an eyebrow "Oh...umm. Are they short staff?" I asked

"Well..." He pauses for a moment to catch his breath some more. "They are. Two of the managers had a family emergency and the other two are going on a vacation to Hawaii for the winter." He reaches for a chair nearby and sits down. He inhales sharply and exhales and then looks at me. "I know that from your experience at Big Hit, you know how to manage time, be a mentor and organize schedules. I just think that with your experience that you'd be a good temporary replacement" 

"Thanks Hyugsik. But I don't know if it's a good idea. I mean... what will happen to my position here? Do you have someone to cover me?"

"Don't worry" He smiles "I have someone who can cover for you. But please hear me out. They really need the extra help and as much as I still don't like Jisu, all I want is for this group to come out successful, just like the rest of the kpop groups here. And I'm also sick and tired of running around trying to find someone who can be a helping hand" He chuckles. 

I thought for a brief moment. It's been a while since I've done anything like this. All those years of handwork at Big Hit did help me get a position for this company but I wanted to do something out of my comfort zone. What point does it make to even get back into a managing position if my goal was to get out of it? 

After having a bit of a mental conversation to myself I decided it was best to help them out. After all it's only temporary. 

"Alright. Only because they need help and you asked so nicely" 

He places a hand on his chest and sighs heavily with relieve "Thank you Y/N!" He gets up from his seat and hurriedly makes an exit out of the office "I'll go tell them that you'll be on your way to help" 

I quickly rose out of my seat. "Umm what! Today!? Now!?" I said in complete shock. Before I could say anything else he was already gone. 

I rolled myself back to my desk and continue my task, waiting for Hyungsik to come back. My nerves were already kicking in. I was nervous about everything. I was biting the edge of my pink colored pencil the more I thought about it. Nervous about what I was getting myself into. I was beginning to regret my decision.

I made a quick phone call to Hobi and told him the news. At first he sounded confused about everything but then became happy. He said that it will had some spark into the office life and that it will be good for me. I had to make sure that my decision was right because at some point I told Hobi that I didn't want to do it. Somehow his kind and encouraging words made me realize that being a manager for another kpop company was not something I wasn't familiar with and that I shouldn't doubt my skills and work ethics.