~Chapter Twenty~

I had about two days left before my day at the new company I'll be working in. I spent the rest of the week reading and writing alone, cleaning some parts of this gigantic house, which members still call a mansion, and helping the members out with whatever they needed. I helped clean their clothes, and I've been checking on each of them to make sure they were eating well and getting some of the rest they needed. Hobi on the other hand insisted that I didn't do too much because he doesn't want to see me burnt out before my first day. I didn't mind it at all because it's my way of helping me ease my anxiety  I've always been like a mother to them so it's still a habit of mine to kind of treat them like an older sister. Hobi still doesn't like it when I treat them like a mom because Jin normally acts like one, which is true I have to admit. But being the oldest one in this house I felt like I was responsible to look out for the best for them. 

I was in the kitchen preparing a lunch which consisted of kimchi fried rice, bulgogi and apple slices that I was slicing at the moment. I can hear someone enter the kitchen and go straight to the fridge and pours themselves a cup of juice, but my eyes were still glued to the cutting board but there was a bit of a struggle on my end. I hear a small chuckle and felt a shadow come by side.

"Why don't you just eat the apple as is, noona?"

I jump a little when Namjoon's deep voice startles me, causing me to almost lose grip of the knife but was lucky it didn't fall or worst cut me "Oh it's you. This knife is so dull!" I sigh "I may have to buy another one" 

"Noona, you're gonna end up hurting yourself if you keep forcing yourself to cut it." He says trying to get my attention but I was still stuck on this apple that I desperately wanted to cut.

He leans his elbow on the counter and waves his hand in front of my face "Noona, are you listening to me?"

"Namjoon please. I'm trying to cut this apple right now and y-Damn it!" I shout suddenly when the knife slips out of my hands and falls on the cutting board and the apple falls to the floor. Frustration had built up as I bent down to pick up the deformed apple and roughly toss it int the trash can in front of me. I march to the fridge and grab another apple and place it on the counter and attempted to cut this apple once again. 

He sets down his cup and takes the knife out of my hands. I gave him a confused. I reach around his back and I tried to get the knife back, but he walks away with it and puts it in the sink. 

I place my hands on my hip, tapping my feet "What are you doing, Namjoon? I needed that!" 

He turns around and walks towards me with a stern look on his face and stops abruptly in front of me. He folds his arms across his chest giving me another one of his "Get ready for a lecture" expressions. It was an expression you'd only get from a concerned parent or best friend. In this case, my best friend Namjoon.

"Y/N, you've been having nothing but kimchi fried rice, bulgogi and sliced apples for breakfast and lunch for the past week. You even had a whole pint of chocolate ice cream for dinner every night" He fixes his stance without taking not one single glance away from me "Now...tell me what's been going on?"

I let out a sigh as I looked down on my feet to avoid Namjoon's glaze. I couldn't sense that he was concerned but I clearly was not in the mood to tell him anything. "Look I just want to eat and sit d-"

"Y/N I'm not leaving unless you tell me what's wrong." He says in an assertive tone still not moving. A tone that mean't that I had to tell him the truth even if I didn't want to. His assertiveness always intimated me, good and bad. Whenever he's strict or upset with me, he calls me by my actual name instead of "Noona"