Chapter XXIII: Farewell for Now

Searching for Brothers: Chapter 23

Word count: 2.6 k

Third Person P.O.V.

"Are you leaving already?"

Clementine held in a sigh as Luffy childishly pouted in front of her, his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at his sister. The captain of the Straw Hat crew seemed to have not accepted the previous answer he received from Clementine, asking the same thing over and over again and Clementine didn't doubt he won't stop asking until he got the answer he wanted. Something she wasn't about to give him.

"I really do have to go." Clementine sadly gave the younger boy a smile, the blonde pulling her hair out of her face with her fingers. "It seems like Shanks is staying in place for a bit, making it easier for me to find him so I shouldn't make him wait longer," the female commented, thinking back to when she had taken out her Vivre card the night before. The paper had originally forcefully shifted but now the tug grew weaker which indicated Shanks was probably not too far or stopped moving away.

Clementine's eyes shifted to Usopp who had his hand raised high above his head like a student. "How do you know that?" The sniper questioned, his eyes round with curiosity.

Clementine chuckled at the man's eagerness to learn, her hand moving inside the robe she wore, pulling out a small piece of paper for everyone to see.

They all gathered around her in curiosity, a look of confusion appearing in their eyes. All they saw was a small white square of regular parchment that seemed to move only a slight bit.

"This helps me locate Shanks," Clementine muttered, letting the others see the paper closer.

"This little thing?" Nami also looked fascinated, gently taking the paper into her hand, scrutinizing it with a distrusting look before returning to the blonde.

The female nodded absentmindedly for a second. After a moment, Clementine's icy blue eyes widened as she realized she had forgotten to do something as she held Shank's Vivre Card in her hand. Her hand moves back to her robe, pulling a bigger piece of paper and ripping a piece out of it without much care.

"Luffy, keep this with you. In a time where you need to find me, this'll guide you to me, okay?" The female smiles as Luffy takes the paper in his hand.

The said boy has his eyebrows furrowed, seeming clueless over to the fact how powerful the Vivre Card could be. However, he doesn't disobey his older sister, silently placing the paper in his hat for safe keeping.

Clementine nods in approval, slightly relieved that Luffy was at least believing her. Knowing her brother, it wouldn't be unlikely for him to lose the card and that was something Clementine wanted to avoid at any cost. Especially if that card may enter someone unwanted's hands

The blonde's eyes moved to her brother's navigator, who was silently looking at a map with Alabasta's Princess beside her, quietly discussing their next plans to their travel. It didn't take Clementine long to decide that the orange haired female seemed the most reliable. 

"Miss Navigator," hearing herself get called, Nami looked up, her head tilting curiously as she faced her captain's older sister that stood in front of her.

Nami felt a bead of sweat drip down the back of her neck under the blonde's cerulean blue eyes that seemed icy cold. She wasn't sure if it was because of the unbelievably hot weather or if Clementine presence was affecting her that much.

Nami did think the female was slightly intimidating. How could she not, when she had watched Clementine easily take down a handful of ships by herself? To add on, the blonde actually didn't talk too much unless a question was directed to her.