Chapter XXXII: Et Sanguinem Mundi

Searching for Brother: 32

Word count: 2.4 k

A/N: don't forget to comment and vote! Are y'all so proud I've been constantly updating?!

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

At the backstage of the Human Shop, Disco kneeled in front of his Den Den Mushi, wiping the trail of blood running down his nose, his hands shaking in fear.

When the chaos first started, he was the first to run, escaping to the safety of the back, Disco fearing his own life as he watched Strawhat Luffy's fist connect with the Celestial Dragon.

"Heheheheh!!!" The Den Den Mushi in front of the man cackles, making Disco glare at it angrily, the blood continues to drip down on the floor in wet splatters.

"Surely this is no laughing matter!!" The man hissed, his broken sunglasses slipping down his nose that was surely broken. "This shop belongs to you, doesn't it?!"

Disco panted, his matted hair dripping into his face, his breathing heavy and uneven because of the pain he was in.

"Mr. Doflamingo, where exactly are you right now....?! This is going to ruin the shop's reputation! And we are talking about a Rosward's family here.... They'll go after us for something, no doubt about it! You have to do something about this!"

The Den Den Mushi grinned wickedly, its eyes narrowed in amusement, "heheheh...!!! Listen, okay? The slave trade is yesterday's news, you idiot!"

A look of shock appeared in Disco's face, a choked sound leaving his lips that were split because he had gotten punch trying to escape.

"This is the age of 'smiles'! Now don't you ever call this number again.... as for the shop, I'll leave that to you, Disco....! Heheheheh!!"

Panic began to settle on Disco's features as he grabbed the Den Den Mushi, shaking it fiercely. "What are you saying?! Are you planning to abandon us, in this worst crisis we've ever bee—"

"Oh, shut up, you piss me off." The Den Den Mushi spat out, "even as you try to blame your own misfortune on me, the 'New Era' is moving closer every moment, Disco-kun. Right now, I've.... or should I say we've been called together by the marines. I have no time dealing with you right now. Or should I say ever in the future."

"Wait, Mr. Doflamingo! I—" Disco couldn't finish his words as the connection was cut, the Den Den Mushi going back to sleep. The man was frozen for a split second before he released a yell of anger, his feet connecting to the table as he kicked it to release his emotions.

"Fuck! That bastard, I—" The purple-haired man trails off as he turns around, his body becoming frozen as he realizes he's not alone in the room anymore.

Leaning on the wall is a blonde beauty, almost looking innocent with the white dress that barely covers her dignity. However, looking at her smile, Disco can't help a shiver of icy fear run down his back, chilling him to his bones. Clementine slowly pushed off the wall, her eyes narrowing on the shaking man, the smile still present on her face.

"Why, Disco, you seem a bit stressed, why is that?" The blonde cooed as she took another step forward, making the man fall to the floor on his butt, shuffling back.

"Don't come any closer!!!" Disco shrieked, his back hitting the table, making the Den Den Mushi fall over, clattering awake in alarm, sliming away to safety as it realized it might be in danger.

Clementine chuckled, cocking her head as she stopped approaching the man, "oh, am I scaring you? But weren't you the one who said you didn't understand why I had such a high bounty on my head?" The female questioned, smiling evilly, "that's why I came to visit you, seeing as you didn't seem to know my ability, I thought you'd like to know," the blonde smirked, her eyes flashing with wicked promises.