O N E

Thea's POV

Knock

Knock

"Miss Castillo, your father is here should I call him up?" My assistant, Jordan, comes in holding her tablet.

I look up from my papers and nod at her. I wonder what he wants, he never comes to visit. It's not like I want him too anyway.

"What do I owe the pleasure to be graced by your presence, Blake" I say, seeing him enter my office.

My father is quite tall and is still good looking for a 44 year old. He's at least over 6 foot, black hair, grey eyes, and muscular built.

I look more like him then I do my mother. The only thing I got from my mother was her short height according to my uncle Leo.

My father has a scowl on his face as he sits down in front of me. He just looks at me with a cold look. I can never figure out what that man is thinking nor what emotion he is feeling right now.

"I have a business deal with someone and I need you for it" he says getting straight to the point. It's always like that with him.

"we can talk about this later. I have a tight schedule today" I say and he nods. "Meet me at my house at 5 sharp"

He takes that as his sign to leave and walks out. I look at the clock and see it's 3:00pm.

I'm not looking for this meeting with Blake. It's always bad news when he has me involved in something.

"Miss Castillo, you have a meeting in the conference room in 20 minutes" Jordan says over the phone intercom.

I get up from my seat and walk out locking my door behind me.

"Is that all in my schedule?" I ask Jordan who is seated in her office chair.

She looks down at her tablet and shakes her head no "no ma'am" she says and I nod.

Great.

I get into the elevator and just as it was about to close I hear. "Hold the elevator!"

I put my hand out so the elevator won't close and see a guy enter the elevator.

"T-Thank you, m-miss Castillo" the guy says with wide eyes once he notices me.

He presses the lobby button looking tense making me want to roll my eyes.

For some reason they fear me.

Like I'm the nicest person ever.

...

Alright yeah I'm not such a nice person.

Everyone fears my family, I'm not surprised by it either. My family is a very powerful one and can ruin anyone's life in the flick of our fingers.

Ding

I walk out of the elevator and head to the conference room already dreading the boring meeting that I will have to face.

A few hours later

I just got back home a few hours ago. To my surprise I had enough time to make my favorite dish Chicken Alfredo and bread.

I don't have any maids because I don't like the thought of having strangers roaming around my house.

I hear a knock on my door just as I was serving myself a plate of pasta. I go to open it and see Blake.

I forgot that I was meeting him today.

"Follow me to the kitchen" I say not waiting for a reply back.

It's always a short conversation with him.

"Would you care for a drink? Water, wine, beer, juice?" I ask as we enter my kitchen.

"Water would be fine" he says from behind me.

"Alright let's get straight to the point. what's the business you wanted to talk to me about earlier?" I ask placing down the water bottle down.

"It's a nice place you have here" he says already making me feel annoyed.

I serve him and myself a plate of Chicken Alfredo with some breadsticks. I put down the plates and take my seat in didn't of him to face him.

"The Italians and I want to make an acquaintance" Blake says taking a spoonful of the Alfredo.

"Aren't we already acquaintances with them?" I ask and he nods.

Then what's the point?

I look at him confused. Us and the Italians have gone way back since before he and I were born.

"We want to conjoin the two mafias so we won't have any troubles in the future" he says as if that will lead me onto what he is trying to say.

"I offered them a wedding arrangement" he says waiting for my reaction which I just leave blank stare.

"I wonder who the unlucky bastard that is" I scoff while taking a mouthful of my food.

Before he can say anything else I realize what he was saying.

"You will be marrying the oldest son and leader of the Italian mafia" he says nonchalant.

I feel anger rush through me but I don't show it, I just look at him with a blank face.

"What makes you think that I will voluntarily agree to this arrangement?" I say and at this he smiles.

"Your brother's life is on the line. Take it or leave it" he says standing up and walks out of my kitchen.

..........
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!

Edited: 12/13/19