T W E N T Y N I N E

Thea's POV

2 days later

After Blake and Alyssa came to visit Abuelita i just somewhat shut down. Abuelita noticed but didn't say anything.

Finishing my lunch I set my plate down and before leaving I hear Abuelita call out to me.

Sitting back down on my chair I see her looking anywhere but me.

"I think it's time I tell you about what happened that night that.... that your mother went missing" Abuelita says taking a deep breath in the middle of her sentence.

I don't show any emotions but she can tell by my silence that I want her to continue.

"It was the 25th of November, you're mother and aunts were-" I start coughing interrupting her earning a glare from her. "Alyssa, Lia and Mia were getting everything ready for thanksgiving. Blake, your grandfather, and uncles were out doing business leaving me alone with all of you guys. When the girls finally came home I was helping them put the food away while you guys were playing downstairs in the basement. That's when we herd gunshots and Jefferson made us go down to the basement. For some reason you and Jake thought it was a joke and made a bet to see who can go upstairs unnoticed."

"Let me just tell you this..." her voice began to fade away and suddenly I start to recall the memories.

"Lets make a bet" Jake says immediately catching my attention. "Whoever gets upstairs first gets to have my dessert for a month"

I look at Andy and Luke who I see are thinking about it.

"Make it 4 months and I'm in" I say crossing my arms.

Jake narrows his eyes at me knowing that Andy and Luke were about to agree on it.

"Fine, for four months" He says and I smile.

"I'm in" I say.

I look over at Luke and Andy and they glance at their moms who seemed to be panicking.

"I don't think it's a good idea" Luke says.

"I don't think it'll be safe" Andy then says looking at his mom.

Me and Jake look at each other and roll our eyes.

"Okay on three"  Jake says and I nod.

"One..... Two... three!" Jake whispers shouts and we start to go our own way.

No one seemed to be paying attention but I stay in the shadows. I pass mom and then Abuelita finally getting to the stairs.

I smile knowing that Jake hasn't gotten here yet but then I see him already on the top stairs with a smile on his face.

He opens the door and I run upstairs not caring that they can hear us anymore.

"THEA, JAKE" I hear moms yells for us followed by footsteps.

We start running out into the kitchen hearing loud bangs but we just start to giggle.

We see dad, uncle Nick, and Abuelo shooting at something as it shoots back.

Jake turns back to me and puts his finger up to his mouth for me to be quiet. I nod and follow him.

We ended up getting past them and into a guest room.

"Alright now all we need to do now is lock the door and hide under the bed" Jake says already looking the door. I help him put a heavy box in front of the box and then we hide under the bed.