S E V E N

Thea's POV

"Abuelita do I have a mom?" I ask letting her braid my hair.

I feel her pause but then continues on with my hair.

"Yes, yes you do, Mija. She's just.... she's in a better place, where she can look after you and your brother" She says in a somewhat sad voice. Even if I was small I understood that something was off In her voice.

"Why can't she be here with us? She can look after us b-"

"Thea, Jake, hurry up and gather your stuff. We're leaving!" I hear dads voice shout from downstairs.

Abuelita lets go of my hair and I make my way downstairs with my backpack.

I see Jake already besides dad. Dad look mad for some reason.

"Dad!" I shout running towards him but I end up falling down. Hearing Jakes laughter I get up glaring at him before I turn to dad with a smile only to see him on his phone typing.

"Dad?" I ask and he glances up. "What happen to mom?"

At this dad look up at me giving me his full attention with no emotions in his eyes.

"I was asking Abuelita about her but she says she is looking over me and Jake from somewhere else. I was thinking how stupid that was because she could be here with us and not somewhere else to look over us... unless she didn't want us" I say the last part to myself.

"Why where you asking about her?" Dad shouts at me scaring me a little bit.

"Everyone at school-"

"DO YOU THINK SHE HAD AN OPTION TO LOOK OVER YOU GUYS FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE? SHES DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS. DO YOU THINK ITS STUPID NOW? ANWSER ME" dad yells at me and I look down as my vision starts to blur from the tears.

"N-no" I whisper with tears falling onto the ground.

"No what?" He ask graving me by my chin harshly.

"N-no, I-I do-don't think I-it's st-stupid" I say nearly in tears and he let's go of my chin.

"From now on you won't be allowed to visit here. You guys will call me Blake, not father or dad. You guys lost that privilege when your mother died. Now come on I have important things to do"

Waking up I notice that I'm sweating.

Why do I always have to recall bed memory's in my sleep?

I sit up and notice that it's sunrise making me sigh. Another day and I'm surprised I'm still here to witness it.

Deciding to go on a jog around the house I go downstairs to the first floor and notice the few maids walking around from room to room while men are stationed at each corner.

"Do you know a trail that I can take?" I ask one of the guards.

"Backyard" is all he says before looking straight ahead.

"Thanks" I say heading out back. As soon as I step foot into what seems to be the kitchen every maid looks at me with curious eyes.

"Good morning" I say waving at them. Something snaps in them and they immediately go back to what they were doing before I had entered.

Strange.

Finding my way to the backyard all I see is trees surrounding the house. The trail wasn't so hard to miss.