T H I R T Y E I G H T

Thea's POV

"We're here" I hear Mason shake me awake. I open my eyes and look around to notice that I'm still in the car.

Looking past him it's an ice skating ring. I stay frozen as I just stare at the building with flashbacks coming back to me.

"lets go to your ice skating practice already" Abuelita says to 12-year old me.

"Do you think dad is going to go to my next competition next week?" I ask full of hope as Abuelita looks down at me with pity.

"Thea, you know your dad is a busy guy" she says and my hopes of him coming all crashes down on me.

Abuelita smiles down at me weakly and she tries to say something but all I do is get out of the house and into the car for practice.

"common, Thea" I hear Mason say with his hand streak he's out to me. I hesitantly take it and we start walking into the building.

I don't know how but all of a sudden we already had our ice skating shoes in hand and we were putting them on.

It's full in here.

After we get our skating shoes in Mason leads me and Sierra onto the ice skating ring. They immediately start to hold onto the walls but I on the other hand, I just blanked out.

Soon I find myself inside my own head.

"Abuelita! Is dad going to be here?" I ask looking around the skating room filled with judges, employees, family's, managers, and security guards.

"Oh Thea" is all I hear Abuelita say before my team drags me away into the ice skating ring.

I get into the ring and felt myself loosen up and begin my performance as soon as the song I chose starts.

When I'm finished everyone start to clap cheering me on but I didn't care about that.

I just hoped dad was here to be able to watch me perform.

The judges gave me a good score and once I get off the ice Abuelita, Jake, Andy, and Luke come up to me.

"You did great, Thea!" Andy says excitedly.

"Where is dad?" I ask still looking around for him.

"He couldn't make it this time, maybe next time" she says which makes me frown.

Their won't be a next time I think to myself.

"After this why not get some ice cream?" she says trying to cheer me up.

I shake my head no and go off somewhere else waiting for all the performances to be over.

.......

"In 3rd place we have Alexandra, 2nd place we have Danielle and in 1st we have .... Thea!" The announcer exclaims as we are all placed into our spots and given our medals.

The girl named Alexandra gets a Bronze medal and the girl Danielle gets a silver medal and I'm given a gold medal.

The photographer takes a picture to which I smile at before frowning.

That was my last time Ice skating.

"THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!" I hear people shout.

I come to a sudden stop and look around to see that everyone has stoped by the rails to see me skate then they just start to skate again and I go to where Mason and Sierra are.