Ch 13 Section 3

Later on, in the basement...

Sam was on his knees after drawing a triangle with symbols at every point on the floor. Candles also surrounded the triangle at every point. In the middle was a circle with a bowl of a green, dry substance in it. He intended to ignore Angels' protests and summon Ruby anyway.

"Ad construgendum ad ligandum eos pariter Et solvendum." Sam stopped his latin chanting at the sound of something behind him but when he turned there was no one there so he turned back, looked up at the roof and sighed before continuing, "Et ad congregantum eos coram me."

He took a box of matches and struck one, watching the flames for a few seconds before throwing the match into the bowl. The content ignited and fire flared up dramatically before it calmed down and burned out. Sam got up off the floor and slowly turned around to look behind him as the floor creaked. Yet, just like before, there was still nothing there.

"You know, phones work too." At the sound of Ruby's voice Sam whirled around to see her leaning against the doorway, smiling, "Hey, Sam. How are Things One and Two?"

Anger seemed to fill the youngest Winchesters face, "How do you get around so fast?"

"I got the Super Bowl jetpack." She walked a few feet towards him, "So. You called?"

"Did you know?"

"Um.. gonna need a tiny bit more."

"About Angels deal. That Lilith holds the contract."

She paused for a beat before nodding, "Yes, I did."

"And... what? You didn't think that was important?"

"You weren't ready."

"For what?"

"If I told you, you three yahoos would have just charged after her half-cocked and Lilith would have peeled the meat from your pretty, pretty faces."

"Well, we're ready now." He looked her over, "I want your knife."

After a short moment of silence she began circling him slowly, "You're right about one thing. You are ready. And now's the time, too. Lilith's guard's down."

"Is that so?"

"She's on shore-leave. A little R&R."

"The hell's that mean?"

"Trust me, you don't wanna know. You didn't lose those hex bags I gave you?"

"We've got 'em."

"Good. Then she won't sense that you're coming."

Sam turned around to look at her when she stopped behind his back, "So you'll give us the knife?"

"No."

"But you just said-"

"You wanna charge in with one little pigsticker? It's a waste of a true-blue window. Like getting Hitler with that exploding briefcase. Forget it."

Anger and frustration filled him yet again, "Okay then how?"

"I know how to save your sister, Sam."

"No, you don't! You told Angel you couldn't! You've been lying to me all along, so just give me your damn knife!"

"You're not the one I've been lying to."

Sam scoffed in disbelief, "Oh, so you can save her?"

"No. But you can."

"What?"