[I] ▪ san | café pt. 2

After returning home, you continue to stay in touch with San, updating each other on each other's lives

After returning home, you continue to stay in touch with San, updating each other on each other's lives. You send pictures, message each other, and Skype each other once in awhile.

But as time progressed on, your contact with him became less and less. It was no one's fault, but rather it was just the natural state of life.

After you finish college, you try to find a job, as all college graduates do. It is difficult for you to find one, as the job market is competitive.

A month into your job search, you feel frustrated with the lack of results. You remind yourself that it takes time, and that you need to stay patient.

You think about what you could do, and after much thought, you decide to use some of your savings to travel to Korea. You miss it because you created wonderful memories while abroad.

You heart aches at the thought of San and how in the past few years, you lost contact with him. Once in awhile, you look at his social media to see what he's up to. You are happy that he seems to be enjoying life and doing his own thing.

You think it would be weird if you tried to contact with him, so you don't let him know that you're heading to Korea for a few weeks.

It really hasn't been that long since you last were in touch with him. But your contact with him only lasted a couple of months after being abroad.

You think about how time has flown by, and that in a matter of a short time, a lot can change.

You try to think positively as you head to Korea, as this trip is to help clear your head and have somewhat of a fresh start.

When your airplane is over Incheon, you post on your social media that you've made it to Korea.

What you don't know is that San looked at your post only to gasp in surprise that you're back. His heart skips a beat thinking about his old friend is back in his home country. He contemplates whether he should reach out to you or not.

He decides to not make any rash decisions and to see what happens.

You drop your things off at your hotel and head out into the city life, trying to beat jetlag a little bit. You don't think that it's too late, so you try to enjoy yourself a little on the first night.

As you're wandering the streets, you enjoy the vibe of the nightlife. Memories come rushing back, making you reminisce the time you were studying abroad. You get a pang of sadness and happiness all at once, hitting you right in the feels.

You're mostly happy, as your memories were happy. You think about how you had such an amazing time the first time around a couple years ago.

You smile, remembering the good old times. You unknowingly pass by San, but San gives you a double take.

By the time it hits him that he most likely passed by you, you were too far away to not look awkward. He wasn't 100% sure if that was you anyway, so he shakes his head and minds his own business.