[I] ▪ ateez | new year's special 2019/2020

You knock on the door, excited to see the boys again

Hongjoong asked you to come over his apartmenr to help him decorate for New Years.

He throws a party every year with his closest friends.

This year, it includes you.

You met Hongjoong at a bus stop, where he was late to work because his car broke down. You helped him navigate the bus system because he never takes it.

He was forever grateful for you and took you out for a meal as a thank you. You thought it was weird at first, but you quickly realized how sweet he is. The two of you became friends over time as the two of you clicked.

Hongjoong opens the door and hugs you out of happiness.

"Happy new years eve~" he smiles.

"You too!"

"You see, I had you come over instead of the guys because they create chaos, even when there needs to be important things to be done, like decorating," Hongjoong explains.

"Makes total sense. They create havoc no matter what the circumstances are," you smile.

Hongjoong nods in agreement, and shows you what needs to be finished.

You help him set up the last of the decorations and food.

When you're finished, you look out the window, watching the sky turn from pink and purple into the deep blue of the night. You watch stars appear one by one, illuminating the night.

You admire the moon, happy that it made an appearance as well.

"This is the perfect view to watch the fireworks," Hongjoong says. "I got lucky. The first year, I didn't realize this was the perfect view until the fireworks went off."

"Wow, you really did luck out," you murmur.

A knock at the door startles both of you.

You and Hongjoong giggle before opening the door to 7 rowdy guys.

"[Y/N]!"

They all start yelling right away, greeting you and pulling you into huge hugs.

You always appreciate their energy. It runs off on you and gives you energy.

Mingi and San start snacking, Seonghwa admires the decorations, complimenting you.

"I'm sure you did most of the work while Hongjoong slacked off."

You and Seonghwa laugh to yourselves.

Wooyoung and Yeosang start playing a "friendly" game of Mario Kart, where they end up screaming at each other early on in the game.

Hongjoong fights Jongho and Yunho in the kitchen as they try to play with the uncooked dinner. They say they're trying to help, but they are of no help.

"You're going to ruin [Y/N]'s hard work!"

That makes them stop.

"We were only being annoying because we thought you did it. We wanted to know how you got this to look so nice even though it's not even cooked yet."

You think you hear someone say, "Oooo, do you have a crush on [Y/N]?"

You can't tell who said that over the loud noises, and you can't hear if there's some sort of response.

You smile to yourself, your heart pounding ever so soundly.

Once the dinner is ready, the noise level significantly dies down.

Only food can make the guys so quiet.

"This is really good [Y/N]," Yunho compliments you.

"It wasn't all me," you blush.

"Take the credit. We don't like to give credit to Hongjoong," Yeosang savagely says.

You have no words at his statement, as the guys laugh.

"I think Hongjoong did a nice job," you softly say.

Hongjoong gives you a small smile, indicating his gratefulness.

Once it gets closer to midnight, you hand out hats and confetti poppers to get ready to celebrate the new year.

Mingi puts the hat on like a unicorn, and many of the other boys follow suit. They try to ram into each other, making you roll your eyes and laugh at how silly they act. Despite being pegged as adults by society, everyone is still young at heart.

You appreciate how everyone still has a lot of youth in them.

Once it gets to be 11:50, you get champagne flutes ready for everyone to toast the new year.

10...

9...

8...(makes)

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...(team)

"Happy new year!"

Everyone cheers and downs their champagne.

"Ew! This is disgusting!"

Wooyoung makes a disgusted face, making everyone laugh.

"Hey, look at the fireworks!"

San points out into the distance.

It immediately quiets down as everyone admires sky bursting with color.

"This really is a beautiful view," you murmur.

"It is, isn't it?" Hongjoong's presence startles you, making you jump a little.

"Sorry," he grins.

"Thanks for inviting me over. I really enjoyed tonight, despite how chaotic it is. It brings a sense of community and home being here."

"You're always welcome here, [Y/N]. At any of our places. The guys always ask about you and want to know when you're going to hang out with us next. I'll make sure to include you in all our plans starting this year. Hopefully it will continue into every year after."

Hongjoong gives you a warm smile, and you return it.

--------

Glad to see all 8 of them back together again :)

I hope you had a great holiday season!

Here's to 2020, a new year AND a new decade :D I wanted to get this out with the differing time zones and new years starting at different times. I hope this gets everyone excited for the new year!