[I] ▪ yeosang | surprise

for an old friend here on Wattpad cutesidonghyuckie ❤️ let's talk more and get to know each other better, yeah?

It's been five years since you last saw your best friend. The two of you went off to college and never ended up keeping in touch since the two of you went down different paths. He went overseas for college, which made it even more difficult to stay in touch. As much as technology has advanced over the years, the lost connection through distance created a distance.

The physical distance that kept you apart created a natural lost connection. You hate the fact that a body of water and so much land kept the two of you apart, and that you can't even run into each other when you're both home on breaks. You don't know if he even comes home for breaks.

It hurt deeply at first since your friendship meant a lot since you have known each other for years. You hoped it would work out but the time difference, physical distance, and different paths led to this.

You think about him once in awhile, wondering what he's up to. You always want to reach out, but are too afraid to do so. You want to know what he's up to, if he still thinks about you too.

As each birthday passes, you wish him a happy birthday. And he does the same for you too. But reaching out doesn't go further than that on either end.

You thought that as best friends the two of you would make the effort to stay in touch, but sometimes things just naturally fall apart. And that shit hurts, doesn't it?

When the two of you both graduated college, you didn't even congratulate each other. It felt so foreign since you haven't had a proper conversation with him in a couple years. As much as you wanted to congratulate and speak to him, you couldn't bring yourself to do it.

The two of you carried on with your lives, finding jobs shortly after college.

Over time your thoughts of him slowly stopped, where you rarely thought of him.

Little did you know that Yeosang felt the same way as you. You were one of his very few friends growing up. He is a very shy person, so the fact that the two of you went from being inseparable growing up to be separated by distance, leading to a natural progression of a loss of friendship hurt him a lot.

It hurt that he was too afraid to continue to reach out to you. He thought you didn't want to speak to him anymore since you had little contact with each other after high school. As much as he wanted to stay in touch, he couldn't find the courage to reach out.

Maybe since the two of you continued to grow and move on with life, it was meant to be this way. That this friendship wasn't supposed to last forever.

But the two of you wanted this friendship to blossom and continue growing. The two of you wanted to grow in the same direction together, but one ended up growing towards the sun and the other to the wall.

When you were on a business trip to Korea, you kept thinking about your old friend Yeosang. You wondered where he could be. You continuously thought of him since he mentioned that he's Korean.

You had some pretty wild thoughts, such as, "What if I run into him while here in Korea?"

But you told yourself that this is impossible. Just because he's Korean doesn't mean he's going to be in Korea.

You chastise yourself for having such silly thoughts.

But Yeosang is in Korea at the same time that you are. He's on vacation, and he can't help but think about where you are in the world. He finds it weird that the thought of you popped into his mind after all this time. He finds it odd that he's thinking about you when he hadn't thought of you for so long.

He's taking this solo trip around Korea since he hasn't been back in so long. He didn't think to ask anyone to come with him on this trip since he didn't want to intrude on their schedule.

You sit on a bench besides the Han River one afternoon, reflecting on your life. And Yeosang is walking from the opposite direction and sits on the opposite end of the same bench. He doesn't notice your presence since he thinks you're some stranger.

But when he looks in your direction, he does a double take. He wonders if it's really you, and he questions if he should say something.

He decides to risk speaking to you in case it truly is you. He doesn't want to regret not doing it if it truly is you.

"H-hi...[Y/N]?" He murmurs.

You look in his direction, only to be taken aback.

"Y-Yeosang?"

The two of you break into a smile, in awe that you're in the same place at the same time.

"How have you been?"

Yeosang is still the shy boy you've always known.

You giggle and look down before answering.

"I've been well. I've missed you a lot Yeosang. It seems like you haven't changed one bit. It's like the first time we met all over again."

Yeosang chuckles and the two of you find your way catching up. It's as if a day hasn't passed and that the last time you saw each other was yesterday.

Sometimes the world works in its mysterious ways and perhaps it drew the two of you together for whatever reason.

————

surprise :) this is most likely a one time thing but who knows knowing me 🤷🏻‍♀️ I fell out of love with ateez for a hot sec there but sometimes we need to get lost to find our way back. I think I did this because I miss this a little, the community and what not. I found a couple friends here on Wattpad 😊

an update for new and old readers is that I was supposed to study abroad this semester in Korea but that didn't happen because of the Coronavirus. I hope everyone is okay & that this imagine helped take your mind off if all for a lil bit. If anyone needs to talk, please don't be afraid to talk to me. I regularly check Wattpad surprisingly.

Hopefully I'll be able to study abroad in the fall, but if that doesn't happen I probably won't go abroad anytime during college since next school year is already my last year of college 🌚 I turned 21 during this whole Coronavirus thing.

Anyways, Hongjoong, Jungwoo, & Ten have taken over my life so I could be one of them 🌚 Yeosang is my bias though and I kinda like his blonde hair. I started a drama and I NEVER watch dramas. It's called Meow, the Secret Boy and I've only watched the first episode lol but I'm intrigued by the premise and Kim Myungsoo bc I used to listen to Infinite. So the second half of this imagine is inspired by the drama.

I'm more active on Twitter so find me there (@ is in bio). Thanks all for the love as always...🥰 and if you actually read this a/n tell me your ult and why they're your ult 🌚