[I] ▪ mingi | forever

Requested by hyphyJessica18

You and Mingi have been together for 5 years, and it has been the best 5 years of your life. You couldn't be happier, as Mingi makes you happy every single day.

He sends you good morning and good night texts everyday,never forgetting to remind you how much he loves you as well.

You are surprised you managed to get along at first, as Mingi has a big personality and you are more reserved. He's loud and rambunctious, while you tend to stand in the shadows.

Not that either of your personalities are bad, but the two of you are opposites. But as they say, opposites attract. You keep Mingi calm, and he helps you become outgoing and free.

You are the only person (besides his parents) who he will listen to, so when you tell him to clean or quiet down, he will do so instantly.

Because you are quiet, he finds that to be intimidating at times. Despite him being tall and outgoing, he is a total puppy and listens to the ones he loves the most. And since you are so quiet, he finds you to be serious in those times when you are more reserved, making him scared of you.

Nonetheless, he loves him dearly and can't imagine life without you.

Today happens to be your 5 year anniversary with Mingi, so he planned a dinner date with you.

The two of you get ready, dressing up nicer than usual, as he is taking you to a fancy restaurant. You told him that it wasn't necessary to take you out, but he wanted to do so anyway.

The only condition for him taking you out is that the two of you would come back after and cuddle while watching movies. Mingi happily accepted, as he enjoys doing simple things like that with you.

On your ride over to the restaurant, Mingi is more nervous than usual. He fiddles with your hand more than usual, but you take it as he's excited to be going out with you.

He's also more quiet than usual, which you find to be the more unusual thing. However, you don't think much of it though.

The two of you make eye contact, where you give him a smile. Seeing you smile makes Mingi more comforted.

He is in disbelief that he ended up with someone so beautiful inside and out. He wasn't looking for love when he met you, and after meeting you, he knew he wanted to be with you.

At first he didn't think that he would be with you forever, but as time went on, he knew he wanted to be with you forever.

The two of you met through a mutual friend, as the two of you were at the mutual friend's party. You happened to show up at the same time, and the friend introduced you to each other.

Mingi was very talkative, and still is, so he kept talking and talking to you. He was impressed you listened to him. You being quiet made you into a listener. And the fact that an attractive guy was talking to you made you stay.

As the night wore on, Mingi progressively became more outgoing than he already is as more of his friends showed up. He thought that continuously becoming outgoing would make you intrigued, which worked.

Though, you didn't think anything would happen out of that night because Mingi was just someone you met at a party and that would be it. Plus, your quiet personality didn't quite fit Mingi and his friend group.

But Mingi stayed by your side the whole night and talked with you and his friends, which you much appreciated.

When you were about to leave, Mingi asked for your number so he could talk to you more, and you were quite surprised but gave him your number.

The two of you became friends and then lovers, and the rest is history.

When you got to the restaurant, Mingi was a total gentleman, holding the door open. He wrapped his arm around your waist while waiting for your table and placed his hand on the small of your back as the two of you walked to your table. He also helped you with your seat and made sure you were okay.

You were quite impressed with the restaurant choice, as you were having a candlelit dinner and the food choices were quite expensive.

The two of you picked out your meals and conversed about the past five years, reminiscing on your shared memories.

You are quite amazed that the two of you made it to 5 years, and you expressed that to Mingi. He then took your hands into his, rubbing your hands with his thumbs.

He cleared his throat before saying, "Funny you mention that. I've been thinking lately, [Y/N], that the past five years have been the best five years of my life. You've made my life better in so many aspects and I can't imagine life without you. And that is why..."

Mingi then gets out of his chair and gets on one knee.

"That's why I want you to marry me [Y/N]. Will you marry me?"

He holds open the ring box, where you see a beautiful ring inside.

You cover your mouth while nodding yes, as you are in shock. Mingi slips the ring onto your finger before taking your face in his hands and kissing you.

The people around you clap and coo in awe, happy to see the young couple become engaged.

"I love you so much, Song Mingi," you smile at your fiancé.

"I love you, too, [Y/N]," Mingi smiles back.

--------

first & foremost, ateez is in america!! to whoever is seeing them, have so much fun! give them my love as i won't be seeing them :( i'm so incredibly proud of them. they've accomplished so much within the past year. i'm so happy i stumbled across them on twitter & that i joined this amazing yet small fandom. they are already so so successful. i have only been an atiny for about a month & a half/not since the beginning, but i know my support means a lot to them, and they mean a lot to me <3

idk if i ever told y'all how exactly i got into them, but on the next imagine i'll tell you since this author's note is hella long.

but ugh mingi looks so fine in the picture. his whole outfit is a look from this fansigning 😍

yes my bias is an absolute qt & also very loud haha those 2 things don't correlate i know ;p

i anticipate my san fanfic to not be outrageously long. you know, fanfics can be like 40 chapters long. i don't think mine will be that long.

lastly, i plan to write a yunho fanfic after i finish writing my san fanfic. or maybe i'll start it as a i continue to write my san fanfic, where i probs won't focus on my imagines books for awhile as i write my fanfics.

i can't find fanfics on him & he deserves more love ;( plus he's ruining my damn bias list, sorry mingi. but i still love mingi ahaha

unpopular opinion(?): jeong yunho is super underrated

see you probs tomorrow with another imagine~