[I] ▪ san | café pt. 3

"Did you really lose me if I came back after all this time?"

Your statement rings in San's head as he stares at you wide eyed. He doesn't know how to respond to you.

Your statement is incredibly true; he never lost you. You're here in the moment with San, proving that anything is possible.

"San-ah," you quietly say.

"Yes?"

"I'm only here for one more week. But I want to make the most out of it with you. Are you free anytime this week?"

"Well...I have work almost everyday of the week..." San is hesitant, unsure what to do in this situation.

He wants to spend as much time with you as possible, but he has his priorities cut out for him.

He sits quietly, thinking of what to do.

"Noona...I can meet for dinner every night this week. Saturday and Sunday I'm free as well."

"I leave Sunday, so let's try to make the most out of the time we have. So let's get dinner every night and do something memorable Saturday," you give San a small smile.

San smiles back, unsure if he'll be able to keep his promises. He doesn't know if anything will come up, but he tells himself he'll try to make an effort to meet up with you, even if he's tired or work gets in the way.

You and San walk around the area after finishing up at the café. You're happy that you'll be able to be distracted by the sights so you won't feel as awkward around San.

Everything still feels a little awkward with him, but you're also happy to be with him again.

You can't quite tell if you're nervous because it's been a couple of years or if you still have feelings for him, or if it's a combination of both.

You don't have a destination, so you walk mindlessly along the streets. Once in awhile you or San point out something you like, such as a cute dog or something in the window of a shop.

After awhile, San tells you that he has to get back to his apartment.

He walks you back to where you're staying though. When you get outside the front of your hotel, the two of you look at each other, not saying anything for a brief moment.

"Um, it was nice seeing you again," you smile.

San gives you a smile, dimples forming, making your heart flutter.

You feel a blush form on your cheeks.

"You too, [Y/N]," San rubs the back of his neck.

You say bye and wave before heading into your hotel.

San watches you, regretting that he didn't hug you. He misses your warm embraces, the times when the two of you could be carefree and not be awkward with each other.