[I] ▪ hongjoong | breaking dawn

Requested by -lustology

[Hongjoong's POV]

I have a secret. A huge secret.

And I have been hiding it from the love of my life. It's something I never wanted to do, but I didn't know how she would react if she found out. I fell in love with her when I first laid eyes on her, and I didn't want to scare her away had I told her my secret when we first talked.

I wanted her to get to know me, and I thought that once she got to know me, she wouldn't run away. But there's still a huge change she'll leave me once I tell her this secret.

There's not a day that goes by where I don't think about this secret, and how much I want to tell her. It's been a year since we have been together, and a little over a year since we've known each other.

Sometimes I regret not telling her right away, but the past can't be changed.

So it's up to me to write my future and tell her the truth.

I tell [Y/N] to come to the studio at midnight, which is late for her, but she doesn't mind.

I anxiously wait for her; I can't stay focused on my work.

When she arrives I give her a nervous smile. She senses my uneasiness but doesn't acknowledge it.

"Why did you want me to come so late?" She murmurs.

I gulp, before launching into who I am.

"You must wonder why I make music only at night, why I work so late, and sleep during the day. You've been patient with my work schedule, and I thought I would finally tell you the truth."

I pause before going on.

"I-I'm a vampire. Being out during the day hurts me physically. I didn't want to tell you at first because I thought you wouldn't like me. I wanted you to get to know the real me. I fell in love with you the first time I laid eyes on you at the café. I'm so glad you've loved me all along. It's okay if you have a bad reaction; it's my fault for not telling you right away."

She doesn't say anything for a moment.

But then she takes my hands, her thumbs rubbing my hands.

"I still love you Hongjoong. I love you because you are so incredibly kind and talented. You show me what love is, and I'm incredibly thankful for that. Thank you for telling me who you are, for being brave to tell me."

She smiles, and I smile back, relieved she took it well.

--------

I should have called this one Twilight lmao

I think I'll make an NCT imagines book after my requests for this book :)

I also pre-ordered the Wave ver of ATEEZ's new album; I have their previous 2 albums so I don't need another red album. Plus I like blue :p

I have my KCON convention ticket now as well; I'm nervous in a way bc I may be going to the convention alone but I know I'll be meeting up with at least 1 person...hopefully some internet friends as well (aka you guys who are going 👀)

Lastly, sorry I'm so slow on your requests~ slowly but surely I'm getting them up : )